Director of Finance and Services - Part Time
Work for a fantastic and fast growing charity
Lead the finance and services function, reporting into the CEO
About Our Client
The Felix Project is an exciting and fast-growing charity based in West London. Founded in 2016, by Justin Byam Shaw, The Felix Project works with food suppliers and charities to reduce food waste and food poverty. We collect food from supermarkets, wholesalers and other food suppliers right across the commercial food industry - food that is fresh and nutritious but cannot be sold for various reasons. We deliver this food free of charge to charities which provide meals or food parcels to their beneficiaries, many of whom are extremely vulnerable and living at the margins of society. Each week, the fresh food we redistribute provides wholesome meals for over 200,000 Londoners including the elderly, the homeless, people with mental health issues, refugees and asylum seekers and vulnerable families and their children.
It is an exciting time to joining the charity, we have very ambitious plans to continue to grow the whole organisation, including opening new depots to broaden our reach and become more efficient. Finance will play a key part in helping to deliver this growth!
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, to play a full and active role in the development and implementation of organisational strategy
- Develop and monitor the charity's financial and services strategy to ensure the long-term financial and operational viability of the organisation;
- Compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Risk and the overall control environment, including insurance cover, business continuity and appropriate safeguarding of the IT environment
- Lead on the development of financial KPIs for the organisation
- Delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting to the Finance Committee, full Trustee board and Senior Leadership Team as well as other key stakeholders including internal teams and donors and supporters;
- Work closely with other Senior Leadership Team members, notably the CEO, Director of Fundraising & Marketing and the Director of Operations, to provide analysis and insight to improve the overall performance of the organisation;
- Treasury management, including cash flow forecasting and all financial processing;
- Responsibility for the management of IT and governance, including appropriate policies and procedures to safeguard the charity and its employees and to manage risk;
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or Equivalent) with strong financial management and reporting experience. You will be able to demonstrate considerable experience of leading and developing the finance function within a not-for-profit organisation, with a strong understanding of all regulatory and statutory requirements. In addition, you will be able to liaise effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels.
What's on Offer
- Part time role - Salary circa £60,000 full time equivalent (3 days a week preferred on a pro-rata basis)
- Ambitious charity with an upbeat, passionate and collaborative culture.
- 25 days Annual Leave
- 5% Pension Contribution
Park Royal Head Office base with some occasional travel across London to our other sites and external meetings where required
All applications will be through Joe Harris at Michael Page - 02072696236