Director of Financial Operations
Director of Financial Operations in social housing
Exciting opportunity in a growing organisation
About Our Client
Southern Housing is a business with social objectives which provides over 27,000 homes and services for people in housing need across the South East of England.
Financially strong, the organisation is focused on delivering customer service excellence and continuing to grow the number of homes it provides. In addition to this clear strategy, Southern is transforming its office environment and agile / technology capability, making it a great place to work.
This is an opportunity to join a new Finance Team who are striving to help their organisation achieve their new strategy and growth ambition.
This is a newly created leadership position that will lead on all aspects of financial reporting and control, ensuring that the business remains safe and secure and delivers its strategic objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities include
- Ensuring that accurate and insightful management information is delivered on time to the Executive Team, Committees and Boards
- Leading the corporate budget setting process and maintaining a rigorous budgetary control environment
- Running a robust year end process, managing relationships with auditors, tax and other professional advisors
- Developing a value-adding business partnering service across the business
- You will be the nominated Finance Director to subsidiary Boards and Joint Ventures, deputising for the Group Finance Director when necessary
- Working with the other senior leaders in the business to drive and implement change
- Providing effective leadership, being performance focused and empowering your team to deliver
The Successful Applicant
You must be a Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) with proven experience in managing both financial & management accounting functions including consolidations in a complex and changing environment. The right candidate will be a strong and inspiring leader, you will be running a sizeable team across two locations therefore strong communication and clear leadership experience is essential. Previous experience producing high quality management information and understanding 'what good looks like' are also key attributes for making this role a success.
Previous experience operating in the social housing sector is not essential however you must have an empathy with the sector and experience of working in a regulated environment is preferred. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to be more involved in the strategic running of a business and to broaden their experience and skill set; this is a great role for a future Finance Director.
What's on Offer
Circa £110,000 package