Director Forensics - Disputes
Market leading disputes team
Leaders required with a genuine creativity and vision
About Our Client
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, my client is using the finance products, expertise and systems developed to build a better working world. They believe in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional experience my client offers lasts a lifetime.
My clients Forensic Investigations and Disputes Services team is growing, and as a Disputes Director you'll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you'll develop quality solutions for some of the most challenging dispute cases around. They work with a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, and you can expect to take on a wide range of work including commercial disputes, transaction disputes, and completion/earn out accounts, expert determinations and professional negligence claims - making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.
Exciting position and the opportunity to use your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve clients' needs from the front lines. That means thinking differently, developing effective teams and speaking up with innovative ideas that challenge the status quo. Work will include:
- Principles of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations)
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (eg trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Competition disputes, intellectual property and brand integrity disputes, insurance claims, audit malpractice defence and product recall disputes
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes
- Leading multidisciplinary teams and providing coaching to and developing team members
- Leading business development / marketing initiatives
- Preparation of expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
The Successful Applicant
My client is interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You will have plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve current relationships and processes. If you're serious about Disputes and ready to take on interesting complex issues, this role is for you.
- Strong background with forensics
- Currently a leader in the disputes market
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification or similar professional qualification
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, including coaching skills
- Strong English language report writing skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
- My client is committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. They strive to achieve the right balance for their people, enabling them to a deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
If you have any questions contact Lorraine Twist 07827306437