Director of Governance and Company Secretary
Lead the Risk and Governance strategy for the organisation
Add significant value to the organistaion, its employees and customers
About Our Client
Our client are a leading organisation based in the South West of England. They offer vital services to their customers and pride themselves on the work they do. Our client are going through a period of (positive) change and this position is at the heart of this. Working closely with the CEO and the board.
The key responsibilities for this Director of Governance and Company Secretary are:
- With your specialist experience and reporting into the CEO you will support the Chair, Board and Committees to ensure strategic discussions and agenda's are delivered effectively.
- Notwithstanding the regulatory requirements and fulfilling the DPO position, you will lead a team of Governance Officers and Chair the Governance Group personally.
- Overseeing company secretary work (returns, seal etc)
- Internal controls assurance in addition to regulatory framework reports
- Support with board member recruitment
- Attend Executive Board meetings
The Successful Applicant
For this Director of Governance and Company Secretary position in the South West. Our client is looking a candidate who has/are:
- Qualified Company Secretary and have held this position in a previous organisation.
- Brings an in-depth understanding of Regulatory compliance
- The ability to design, plan, write and implement operational plans
- Has a demonstrable track record of working at this level of seniority
- Experience of working for a Public Sector organisation or within the property/development industry
What's on Offer
Our client are offering a highly competitive salary and benefits. In addition to this, they are offering a fantastic working environment and an even better role for someone to add significant value to the organisation.