Director of HR
Excellent role for a passionate senior HR professional
Competitive salary, flexible working, great pension and benefits
About Our Client
The client is a forward-thinking Public Sector organisation based in Nottinghamshire.
As HR Director the key responsibilities are;
- Managing the effective and successful delivery of the HR service
- Direct line management of 8 within the HR department
- Reporting into the CEO you will be a key partner to the SLT from a workforce perspective
- Design, deliver and implement People Strategy for the organisation, aligning the workforce to the goals of the business
- Analyse and make improvements for their current Talent Management Strategy and processes including Recruitment, On-boarding, Retention, Employee Engagement and Succession Planning
- Identify, implement and deliver Training and Development needs of the organisation, with a specific focus on training line managers effectively so they are able to effectively manage, develop and engage their employees
- Analysis of current Salary Sacrifice Scheme and identify and implement ways to effectively reward and recognise employees
- Design, deliver and implement Health and Wellbeing Strategy for the organisation, building upon what is already in place
- Review current HR policies and procedures and review and amend where necessary
- Lead on negotiations with Unions concerning Terms and Conditions as well as other employee matters
- Act as an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion champion within the organisation and ensuring policies and procedures are in place
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate across all levels
- Be a minimum of CIPD Level 7
- Be passionate about the role of HR within an organisation and the value HR adds to organisations
- An excellent people manager and people developer
- Have operated at both operational and strategic level within HR
- Confident presenting to board and working closely with the SLT
- Have experience working in a Public Sector or Not-for-Profit environment and understand the nuances of working within a Publicly funded environment
What's on Offer
On offer for the successful candidate is the opportunity to work within a truly brilliant organisation that sees the value in its people. The salary on offer is between £65-£70K DOE, 25 days holiday + BHs, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and 11% employer pension contribution.
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to build and develop the HR team into a high functioning and value add department.
Please bear in mind when applying to the role that there is currently an interim in post and the client will not be holding interviews until late April/early May 2020. However, this does mean that they will consider candidates who are on a 3 month notice period.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications I will not be able to respond to all applicants.
If you have not heard from me within 2 weeks then unfortunately you have not been successful for the role.