- A fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Tech Corporate Finance Advisor
- Would suit a commercially astute Director with solid M&A experience
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-award winning firm of Corporate Finance Advisors acting exclusively for technology companies. These tech companies are changing and improving the world and the Director of M&A will help these companies get the funding to build truly great organisations and also to realise maximum value when they come to exit.
This is an amazing opportunity to:
- Work with entrepreneurs and management teams who are world class.
- Work with companies who are seeking to achieve considerable success.
- Be at the centre of a global hub of where money meets tech.
As Director of M&A you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, and managing M&A opportunities in the UK and Europe with particular focus on the Tech markets. The core target Tech sectors being, FinTech, InsurTech, HealthTech Digital Media Comms, IoT & Enabling Tech, Enterprise Software, IT Services and Cyber Security.
The focus will be on deal origination on M&A transactions in the range £10m to £200m. As a Director, you will work in close collaboration with the internal team and external partners developing global opportunities and securing excellent M&A outcomes for privately owned, innovative, mid cap companies that are disrupting established industry verticals.
- A good understanding of the industry, competitive and disintermediation trends and the resulting opportunities for growing the business in Europe.
- Represent the business in the in the venture capital and entrepreneurial community.
- Identify new opportunities as well as build network of trusted relationships with investors and entrepreneurs.
- Negotiate fee terms for new mandates.
- Build and develop your own pipeline of opportunities with the support of the wider team.
- Identify and connect all relevant 'M&A deal' stakeholders and negotiate transactions to successful completion.
- Support, engage, and mentor client companies to maximise M&A success .
- Regularly report to the CEO on the overall progress of the deal origination and transactions .
The Successful Applicant
- 8-10 years of cumulative work experience in finance, business, & technology industries .
- Strong understanding or direct experience in private equity, venture capital and corporate venture capital.
- Graduate degree in business, finance or other relevant area required .
- Background in or knowledge of technology trends applicable to the core business sectors.
- Successful track record of sourcing deals with strategic and financial return.
- Well-established network within PE, CVC, VC and Corporate community.
- Strong data, analytics, technology experience and understanding.
- Must be able to think creatively, work in a casual and dynamic global team.
What's on Offer