Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing for Northampton High School.
Must have team leadership experience.
About Our Client
Northampton High School GDST is a highly successful independent girls' school which, building on its long and pioneering history of almost 140 years, enjoys a reputation for educational excellence that is second to none in the region. Superb academic results are secured within a holistic programme that provides an astonishing range of exciting opportunities for our students to learn new skills and broaden their horizons, to learn and grow within a friendly and nurturing environment and to prepare to be the women leaders of tomorrow.
We are as ambitious for ourselves as educational professionals as we are for our students. The facilities for staff are outstanding and opportunities for professional development exceptional. As a member of the GDST, you will have access to support, resources and training from the largest girls' education charity in the country. GDST is included in the Sunday Times 100 'Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work For.'
Reporting to the Head, the Director of Marketing will lead and implement the school's marketing, communications and development strategies in order to build the reputation of the school, raise funds and drive pupil numbers.
The Director of Marketing will deliver a step change in terms of marketing and growth in order to meet commercial objectives, build the reputation of the school and attract the best students.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Developing a marketing plan that will bring the Head's vision to life and drive pupil numbers, defining a compelling proposition for the school in terms of positioning, values, tone of voice, messaging.
- Analysing and understanding the local competitive market, notably opportunities and threats and use this information in order to inform Marketing and Communications.
- Overseeing all advertising and all marketing materials, including the prospectus, and manage external specialists and agencies, ensuring they deliver quality work, on time and on budget.
- Working with the Head on all internal and external communication, ensuring a consistent tone of voice on and offline.
- Lead on media liaison and press relations, field nominated spokespeople and work collaboratively with the leadership team.
Fundraising and Income Generation:
- Working closely with the Head, DFO and Trust Office to develop fundraising plans, secure support from different audiences, and ensure that they are approached in an appropriate and motivating way.
- Ensure that the school's alumnae are part of a vibrant and dynamic network
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Director of Marketing will be an experienced Marketer with team management experience and a demonstrable track record of driving footfall and visitor numbers.
In addition the Director of Marketing will be a positive individual and an ambassador for the school they will be adept at managing stakeholders and building external relationships.
Whilst team leadership and strategic direction is an important part of the role, the Director will also be 'hands on' and as such will be an accomplished copywriter with flawless attention to detail and will possess a high level of analytical ability in order to ensure that Marketing is insightful, targeted and delivers ROI.
Whilst applicants from the Education sector will be considered with particular interest, this post would also lend itself well to Marketers from other backgrounds, notably retail, leisure and travel.
What's on Offer
£competitive + benefits