- A fantastic opportunity to join at a new phase of growth
- Line manage four people
About Our Client
The Black Curriculum (TBC) was founded in 2019 to address the lack of Black British history in the UK Curriculum. They believe that by delivering arts focused Black history programmes, providing teacher training and campaigning through mobilising young people, they can facilitate social change.
Their programmes are for all young people aged 8-16 and aims to equip young people with a sense of identity, and the tools for a diverse landscape. They are working towards changing the national curriculum and building a sense of identity in every young person in the UK.
This role is responsible for growing and streamlining processes, management of staff and the execution of strategy.
You will implement the organisational strategy and a series of processes across the executive division to help strengthen, stabilise and grow the work of TBC.
You will focus on generating breadth internally for new partnerships, overseeing the execution of quality programmes, a policy strategy and staff management.
The Director of Operations will handle all internal operations and work with the CEO closely to implement the 3 year strategic vision, allowing the CEO to focus on external relations. You will co-work with the CEO on financial matters, risk management, increasing profit margins and the onboarding of senior team members. You will also support the CEO with reporting to the Advisory Board regularly. The role includes monitoring the performance of senior members, systems and processes for the performance of the company.
This hands-on role significantly contributes to the development and scale of a national organisation. The required person will bring skills in strategic planning, analysis and networking to the post.
Staff management, Governance and Compliance
- Aid with recruitment of senior staff, and perform general line management duties with the Executive Team.
- Oversee the professional development of executive staff.
- Plan, monitor and oversee the integration of CRM systems across departments.
- Work closely with the Board and Executive Team to ensure policies are up to date, relevant and support the work of TBC.
- Implement due diligence across processes including recruitment, contractual and policy, ensuring all legal contracts relating to partnerships and external relationships are read through and approved.
- Actively contribute to effective communication within the team and with others across TBC.
Income generation and Business Development.
- Support the execution of the partnerships strategy through the provision of resources.
- Support fundraising efforts both externally with the CEO and internally through fundraising efforts.
- Identify potential new sources of corporate funding and secure new business with potential partners within external meetings.
Products and programme development
- Develop budgets and implement economic principles across the planning of internal programmes and projects
- Work closely with the Executive Team to refine commercial and communication strategies to reach new audiences.
- Assist with standardising and accreditation of programmes across Departments.
- Set new executable challenges for the departments, using KPIs and OKRs.
- Review effectiveness, usability and relevance of content across programmes each term.
Systems and Processes and IT
- Oversee the cyber security of the organisation, developing a risk mitigation report across IT.
- Oversee, manage and update the CRMs with the Executive Team.
- Oversee and manage the logistics, including over warehousing, order processing, mailing and storage.
- Support CEO in turning the yearly strategic vision into KPIs and implementing new KPI's across departments to further the business objectives.
- Support CEO and Accountant in assessing management accounts.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates that have had experience running operations for a small/medium sized organisation previously.
We are interested in candidates that are fully committed to the vision, values and mission of TBC. In addition:
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to adapt to new methods and share ideas and learning.
- Seek to improve professionally and help others achieve the organisation's goals.
- Seeks to challenge and engage in conversations critically.
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or a change.
- Previous team management experience
What's on Offer
This role is currently home based but will be 1 day a week from a London office. Currently there is work space in Somerset House.
Salary £70K plus benefits.