- This is a key leadership role within this charity
- This role will be the strategic lead for UK policy and advocacy
About Our Client
This charity helps anyone, anywhere in the UK and around the world, get the support they need if crisis strikes: connecting human kindness with human crisis.
They enable vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities.
And when the crisis is over, they help them to recover and move on with their lives.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Strategy and advocacy
Be accountable for the design and delivery of UK policy and advocacy strategies and plans which set out clear roadmap for effecting change.
Make a significant contribution to the development and implementation of the ten-year corporate strategy.
Drive forward an ambitious agenda to develop their positioning as a credible thought-leader, using evidence to present solution-focused approaches to the big humanitarian issues they're concerned with. Oversee evidence-based policy development, with timely recommendations to influence internal and external positions and debate.
Oversee and quality-assure the policy research function, ensuring research is commissioned and produced in line with agreed priorities, creating a unique evidence base to help them to influence with impact.
Ensure a high quality corporate public affairs function (covering both UK and international issues), overseeing management of relationships with parliamentarians in each UK nation, and increasing their reach and relevance with key political audiences.
- Internal and external relationship management and representation
Act as a senior advisor briefing the executive leadership team and board of trustees on UK policy issues, supporting executive-level engagement in diplomacy and advocacy on UK humanitarian issues. Keep abreast of public policy and changes in the external environment, leading on horizon scanning and running the advocacy steering group.
Ensure excellent, strategically planned and prioritised stakeholder relations, to allow them to influence as effectively as possible across the UK. This will include identifying key contacts in Government, both national and statutory stakeholders, and organisations in the voluntary and community sector and beyond. It will also involve ensuring they collectively develop and maintain effective relationships at the appropriate level, and may also involve personally building relationships with Ministers, Special Advisers and senior leaders across the brief.
Convene, facilitate, and support new collaborations and partnerships in support of their influencing objectives, drawing in actors from across sectors, research institutes, academics and think tanks etc, for more effective advocacy on their strategic causes.
Be a senior organisational representative, and also oversee external engagement opportunities for the Chief Executive and senior leadership team. Raise their profile with internal and external audiences, and drive forward their policy agenda, through effective networking, giving talks, presentations, etc.
The Successful Applicant
* Authentic, consistent and honest leader
* Actively listens and allow others to be heard.
* Adaptable to changing needs, pressures and opportunities.
* Empowers others based on skills and expertise.
* Dynamic, inclusive, compassionate and courageous
* All team members understand their responsibilities and objectives
* All resources involving staff managed in accordance with their policies and procedures
* All staff are kept informed of relevant organisational plans and updates on development
* Team ideas and comments are communicated and forwarded appropriately.
* Actively participates in all team meetings
* Supports other team members
* Work and behaves in accordance with all the charities policies and procedures.The successful candidate must also be solutions focused, be able to work collaboratively, communicate and influence effectively and promote constructive change.
What's on Offer
Generous salary with the ability to make a real change to those who need it most.