Director of Property
*Exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading housing organisations
*Key member of the Executive Leadership Team
About Our Client
Nottingham City Homes (NCH) is a highly respected group of companies, providing a range of services across 27,500 homes. As well as managing and maintaining all the Council housing in the city, they have an ambitious new build programme, own and manage their own homes and provide services to other property owners.
In 2018 Nottingham City Homes were awarded the accolade of being named the UK Landlord of the Year, largely because of their ethos of putting tenants at the heart of all they do, determined not to rest on their laurels they are always looking for ways to improve.
Nottingham City Homes' overall vision is to be a great place to work, with a clear sense of direction shared by all and an ambition to succeed on behalf of their customers. As a truly values driven organisation, the following values define the way they work, who they are as an organisation and shape the services they provide:
- Passionate about delivering outstanding services
- Respecting people (colleagues, customers & communities)
- Always looking to improve
- Providing great value for money
- Effective team working internally and with customers and partners.
The new Director of Property will play a key role leading NCH into the future. Keeping peoples' homes safe and in good repair is key to driving tenant satisfaction. This key role will help lead NCH forward, driving their response to the following challenges:
- Embedding the ethos of tenants at the heart across all property services
- Provide the best possible home repairs, maintenance and improvement services
- Shaping and delivering NCH's investment to meet tenants' priorities, keeping all homes decent now and into the future
- Ensuring working practices remain safe and in line with new legislative requirements
- Coordinating investment in NCH's estate, creating decent neighbourhoods where people want to live
- Building more high-quality new homes
- Keeping NCH at the forefront of energy efficiency innovation, contributing to Nottingham's ambitious carbon neutral target
- Insourcing works and delivering commercial projects, improving productivity and value for money
NCH have some passionate, amazing and committed people across property services and require an inspirational leader who can engage, motivate and get the very best out of colleagues by bringing the values and culture to life. In return, this represents a fantastic opportunity to shape services for the future and make a genuine, lasting difference to people's lives.
This is a broad and challenging role, you will be accountable for all the functions within Corporate Services, putting tenants at the heart of everything you do whilst ensuring a 'best in class' range of services. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of excellence within property services motivating colleagues to be creative, innovative and seek best practises from elsewhere
- Advise NCH's boards on strategy, policy and development across all property services
- Visibly lead best practice staff engagement, creating a positive work environment, inspiring colleagues to perform to the best of their abilities
- Responsibility for significant departmental budgets, ensuring resources are well managed, targeted on meeting our priorities, and that we are always delivering Value for Money
- Ensure all stock managed by NCH is well maintained, meeting tenant expectations and all legislative standards
- Develop and acquire homes which meet identified housing needs
- Seek new commercial opportunities, developing in-house capability to deliver insourced work and new build
- Managing risk and health & safety across all property services
- Work collegiately across the organisation to ensure joined up service development and delivery
- Acting as an ambassador for both NCH and Nottingham City
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be passionate, self-driven and forward-thinking with proven experience as a senior leader in Property and a track record in driving continuous improvement. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven leadership skills, able to motivate and inspire others
- A collaborative and supportive management style with a strong emphasis on employee engagement
- Passionate about delivering results which benefit our customers, with a positive attitude, someone who likes to get things done
- First class influencing and communication skills, able to engage at all levels and be a true ambassador.
- Able to inspire and foster a team-oriented environment, empathetic and a real people person, committed to equality and diversity
- Proven at leading multi-disciplinary teams at a senior level,
- Strong financial acumen, having managed significant budgets, including capital projects
- Experience of planning, managing and effectively executing complex projects
- Empathy and personal commitment to the value of social housing and tenant involvement
- Good in a crisis, willing and available to deal with any major incidents
- A problem solver, who encourages creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Ideally chartered status or degree in a relevant discipline
What's on Offer
Six figures, plus benefits.