- Director of Regulatory and Corporate Finance with Ofwat
- regulatory economics, regulatory finance, corporate finance
About Our Client
Ofwat (the Water Services Regulation Authority) is the economic regulator of the water and wastewater sector in England and Wales. Safe, reliable and sustainable water and wastewater services are essential for our day-to-day lives, our wellbeing, and our natural world. Ofwat's role is to help it build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society. Ofwat has an ambitious strategy and as a regulator we are setting ourselves up to achieve and equal the ambitions of our strategy. It matters to us that things on the ground really change so that our impact on customers, the environment and the future of water is tangible and meaningful. At Ofwat, our ambition is for water companies to provide the very best service for customers, improving the environment and improving life through water, both now and in the future.
Ofwat is looking for a Director of Regulatory and Corporate Finance, with the potential to work on a range of key policies across the organisation. Ofwat have an exciting expanding policy agenda that requires strong leadership to go with financial expertise. Given the growing opportunities, there will be flexibility to finalise the specific responsibilities of the role in consultation with the successful candidate.
Reporting to one of Ofwat's Senior Directors, the successful candidate is likely to be involved in some of the following areas of work:
- the risk and financial return package as part of the forthcoming Price Review, PR24,
- our approach to ensuring that all companies within the sector are financially resilient,
- developing the role of competition in delivering large new infrastructure
- our engagement with the Regulators' Alliance for Progressing Infrastructure Development (RAPID) group who are coordinating the development of future water resource needs
Other responsibilities will include representing Ofwat at external events and conferences, as well as liaison with water companies, investors and other parties including credit rating agencies. Strong influencing and communication skills are therefore vitally important
The Successful Applicant
You will have
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in an area relevant to this role.
- Expertise and experience in one or more of financial and regulatory economics, financial analysis and accounting.
- Strong strategic policy development skills and track record of thought leadership in regulatory/infrastructure space.
- Ability to manage a complex portfolio of work with a high degree of autonomy and deliver an ambitious agenda.
- Proven leadership and team management as well as an ability to work collaboratively across organisational boundaries.
- Experience of working in a regulated sector, either for a regulator, regulated company, policy making or in an advisory capacity.
What's on Offer
This is a Band 5 post. For this role, external candidates may expect to achieve a starting salary between £85,000 and £100,000, but this could be higher depending on relevant skills and experience. On appointment, you are eligible to join the Civil Service Pension.
The role will be based in either Birmingham or London, with travel between offices and occasional other travel as required.
Closing date: 22nd May