Senior appointment within AJ 120 Studio
Architectural solutions developed organically in response to brief and needs.
About Our Client
AJ top 100 Architectural practice with 5 studios situated throughout the UK. Their portfolio is not confined specifically to any one sector however that being said, they are best known for their work on a number of high-profile projects in the Commercial and Retail & Leisure Sectors.
They are proud to constantly and consistently deliver good Architecture; an Architecture that is unique to each brief and approached with an ambition to understand the project's essence from which a bespoke architectural solution is developed in an open dialogue with the client.
With a range of skills across the board from Architectural Assistant to Director level, the Practice strives to work cohesively where individualism is promoted and actively encouraged to ensure innovative design solutions that ultimately deliver.
To partner with the current Director in steering the immediate and long-term direction of the Birmingham Studio. Duties can broadly be split into Architectural (Running projects & overseeing practice WIP) and Strategic (business growth & people development) across following areas.
Strong all-round Architectural knowledge with particular strengths on technical and delivery stages:
- Ensure the architectural proposal is considered and designed intelligently across all stages, with respect to other factors reducing need to value engineer.
- Add value to projects through assessing the technical, commercial and build viability of a design proposal without compromising the design.
- Up-to-date and contemporary knowledge of modern construction methods and future developments.
Confident leadership and strong communicator:
- Grow an affinity with and nurture relationships with a variety of stakeholders (clients, colleagues, contractors and consultants) at different levels.
- Able "hold your own" in meetings, especially with contractors and when challenging conversations need to be had
- Articulately convey ideas across to stakeholders throughout projects to ensure best solutions are found and made.
The Successful Applicant
- You will be a self-starter with the energy and enthusiasm to motivate, have personal credibility and authority combined with the presence and integrity to command respect from all parties they connect with. You should develop and empower others to achieve.
- As Director, this person will have seen good success early in their career and be a hungry individual with aspirations to continue this success further within a like-minded practice. The most suitable candidates will excel across technical aspects and in fostering relationships.
- You will have undergone formal Architectural training, either RIBA or ARB
- Minimum of 10yr relevant UK experience within the construction industry (ideally practice), with good all round experience across RIBA PoW.
- Track record of working on large projects, in particular good exposure to the technical and delivery stages.
- A good understanding of modern construction methods and upcoming innovations in this area.
- Clear evidence of ability to influence people at all levels, both internally and externally. These include staff members, the board, the wider management team and all external parties including but not limited to the client, contractors, other consultants etc.
- You must be articulate in communicating their vision, be able to challenge and involve whilst operating in a cohesive fashion.
- Ability to demonstrate with ease examples of cohesive working; within a team, delegating and supporting colleagues whilst maintain a hands-on approach to projects.
What's on Offer
- As the successful candidate will likely join as Director and join a successful studio where organic growth is promoted and championed to ensure sustainable growth and development of the studio, its people and architectural offering.
- You will be fully integrated into the team and supported to operate in such a way that ensures they are working to the best of their ability.
- A competitive starting salary and gross remuneration is on offer which will be commensurate with current salary and experience.
- Studios are based Birmingham City Centre.