- Commercial role working alongside Directors and the Leadership team
- Responsible for delivery of improved growth and profits, and project delivery
About Our Client
Our client are a leading Professional Services organisation with an international presence.
Work alongside additional members of the executive management team & Board to determine an overall direction for the company.
- Provide commercial leadership through financial and commercial knowledge and capability and as part of the wider leadership team.
- Negotiation of commercial terms
- Identification and mitigation of risk including designing processes and systems.
- Leads the Management Team in the preparation of budgets and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and reports for Government regulatory agencies
- Strategic planning including application of market knowledge.
- Providing financial and commercial insight to the business's senior team through establishing financial monitoring processes and regular analysis of the P&L
- Providing the ongoing management of third party financial arrangements including contractual and commercial negotiation leadership.
- Contributes to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice, guidance and delivery of financial strategy
- Oversees all accounting procedures and systems used by the business area and ensures robust and efficient connection to remaining corporate information systems.
- Meets with the Management Team regularly to keep them informed and to offer financial direction
- Review reports and analyse projections against actual figures and suggests methods of improving the planning process
- Developing financial models
- To contribute to the building of business plans and assist with execution
- To be fully aware of legal obligations and duties
- To take an active role in both team and self-development. To actively participate in driving forward best practice and to provide support and encouragement to peers
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Leadership of key finance function
- Deep understanding of commercial and financial management, budget control and cost optimisation, ideally gained through experience in an organisation undergoing significant transformational change
- Experience of major technical projects
- Experience of working in fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations
- Experience of developing business cases for investment and change
- Ability to think and act strategically but also to operate and implement change tactically when required, dealing effectively with ambiguity and managing changeable business priorities
- Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
- Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments
- Provides input to functional or departmental strategy
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, particularly adept at simplifying and articulating complex topics and employing a wide range of communication styles to engage with all levels of the organisation
- Developing an effective understanding of business's direction, priorities and operational challenges
- Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package
Opportunity to be integral in the set up and delivery of a new function within the business
Ability to interact and influence at the highest levels of the company
Ability to influence the future direction and success of the company