Driver Training Manager
Driver CPC Essential
Waste Industry Experience Advantageous
About Our Client
My client, a leading waste management business with a national footprint are looking to appoint a Driver Training Manager into their flagship Nottingham Site.
The business itself has over 400 colleagues and is a nationally recognised brand. After enjoying a record breaking 2020, this role is now imperative to be able to support the growth of the company.
- Promote a culture of "Safety First" by conducting ongoing driver training, inductions and toolbox talks
- Supporting the Transport Managers with driver compliance through relevant training
- Develop, plan, coordinate, implement and document all aspects of training to maintain compliance with regulations and company standards
- Managing all aspects of driver cyclical events such as Driver CPC, medicals, licence checks and eye tests
- Managing vehicle telematics to improve driving behaviours and all associated costs
- Carry out driver observations
- Assist in accident, incident investigations supporting the Transport Managers and identifying root causes, resolutions and improvement plans
- Manage all aspects of vehicle insurance reporting and liaison with insurance brokers improving reporting times and reducing associated costs
The Successful Applicant
- International / National CPC in road haulage
- HGV Licence (Class 1)
- Ideally, you will be experienced in the waste management industry (or similar sector experience).
- You will have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Driver Training Manager (specifically as a driver instructor / assessor)
- You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor and coach.
- You will champion the business's stringent Health and Safety policy.
- Live within a commutable distance of Nottingham
What's on Offer
- Basic salary of £35,000 - £40,000
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Company Bonus
- Additional Company Benefits.