- Ecommerce Manager within growing digital first business
- Working with some of the greatest brands including MARVEL & Game of Thrones
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global leaders in toys, games and collectibles. Working with some of the biggest brands/names within the entertainment and pop culture industry including Harry Potter, MARVEL, Game of Thrones and Rick & Morty (my personal favourite).. what's not to love?! They operate in over 40 countries and have a turnover of c.£100 million and generate more than 1 million visits per month on their website - so there's a lot to work with!With a team of over 100 people across offices in 5 major cities around the globe they are undergoing an exciting phase of digital transformation to progress to a digital first business. This is driven by their desire to meet their customers' rapidly changing needs and behaviours in an international environment, opening doors for an ambitious, results focused and commercially minded individual to fast-track business growth with an agile digital team. Being results focused and driven with strong attention to detail will be rewarded with opportunities to progress within the company.
A successful Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement a digital-first channel strategy alongside Head of Ecommerce and peers
- Site Optimisation, Site Content & Merchandising, Marketing
- Own P&L for UK and Australia
- Own the content and merchandising opportunities as well as managing/maintaining the relevant websites
- Work alongside other departments to implement promotional planning, execute successful product launches, and foster cross-functional collaboration with a creative 360 approach
- Define/monitor KPIs to track sales performance, website performance and adjust investment and strategy where necessary
- Lead the development and management of CRO and Lead Gen roadmap
- Work closely with agencies to drive and optimise new customer acquisition campaigns
- Optimise CRM, email campaigns, customer segmentation and customer loyalty schemes by working closely with the internal marketing team
- Ensure effective merchandising of products/product categories/promotions and continuous optimisation using Google Analytics and Hotjar insights, as well as keyword opportunities
- Own core ecommerce KPI's such as SEO, CVR, AOV, site engagement, and bounce rate
- Manage team of 1 to 2 direct reports
The Successful Applicant
The successful Ecommerce Manager will:
- Have vast and progressive experience of working in Ecommerce roles
- Be able to report into and communicate effectively with their line manager - Head of Ecommerce
- Be willing to work in a hands-on environment from day 1, with the understanding their role will grow with business growth
- Be of a continuous improvement mindset, constantly looking to make tactical and strategic changes to gain a competitive advantage in a crowded ecommerce market
- Have experience of being a strong people manager, overseeing and developing talented individuals, empowering them to go above and beyond and excel in their roles.
- Be able to communicate effectively, empathetically and professionally at all levels - be able to engage multiple stakeholders internally and externally to ensure changes can be made and evolution achieved
- Ideally have experience in analytics tools, they currently use Google Analytics, website CMS (Magento and WordPress experience desirable)
- Experience with AB and MVT testing desirable
- The office is based in Waterloo where you will be working from on Monday's and Thursday's
- Strong commercial acumen
- It would be absolutely awesome if you are a fan of Harry Potter, MARVEL, Game of Thrones and Rick & Morty, but of course it is not essential!
What's on Offer
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual with a leadership mindset and a strong work ethic to join a progressive company committed to digital first transformation. This truly is a career focused move as the senior leadership team support ambition to develop professionally and promote internally.The starting salary for this role is £35-£40k with a hybrid working model from home/office.