- esg expert
- banking experience
About Our Client
Mid sized Investment Bank
Exciting ED or MD opportunity for a Head of Sustainability & ESG Strategy within a Global Investment Bank and Securities Group. London
The role will be to enhance the Bank's ESG activities, providing firm wide direction, clarity and leadership for ESG strategy
The Head of sustainability/ESG strategy will be responsible for leading, developing and overseeing the implementation of the Bank's ESG/Sustainability strategy, to include but not be limited to:
- The design of an overarching ESG strategy for the Bank that meets the evolving needs of clients, regulators, employees, our shareholder and other key stakeholders to deliver a competitive advantage
- Establishing an excellent working relationship with colleagues in Head office to ensure that D the Bank's actions, at a minimum, meet the expectations of the shareholder and to assist the Group in setting its own ESG strategy in line with global best practice
- The design and establishment of a framework to ensure outcomes in line with the ESG strategy, reporting to the firm's key committees, including the Executive Committee and Board
- Monitoring and tracking external ESG trends and developments, communicating and applying them internally.
- The design and implementation of a net zero strategy for the Bank
- Playing an active role across the firm's committees to ensure that ESG requirements are communicated and firmly embedded in decision-making
The Successful Applicant
- In-depth knowledge and experience of ESG programmes and sustainable finance, including the business opportunities and risks
- Detailed understanding of industry standards and initiatives in particular across UK and EU jurisdictions e.g. EU taxonomy & SFDR, TCFD, NGFS, CFRF, UN's SDGs
- Experience of running change projects and a proven track record in delivering ESG and sustainability initiatives in a large organisation, ideally in the financial services sector.
- First class communication skills, comfortable and confident liaising at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- The ability to simplify and communicate complexity, depending on the audience.
What's on Offer
competitive salary plus the opportunity to build and grow a function from scratch.