Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client is an established supplier of specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services for applications within challenging, high integrity, environments throughout the globe.
The EHSQ Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the site related EHSQ requirements are adhered to and for providing advice on related issues. The EHSQ Engineer shall produce or review related documentation as required and shall ensure EHSQ standards are maintained throughout all operations.
The EHSQ Engineer is responsible for:
- Advising on all health, safety and environmental aspects of the site.
- Producing, maintaining and ensuring adherence to all site based risk assessments for the site.
- Controlling subcontractors on site in accordance with our clients Control & Safety of Subcontractors Process.
- Providing site inductions for all new personnel and subcontractors, as required.
- Managing and controlling risks from simultaneous operations.
- Carrying out sufficient and timely accident and near miss investigations.
- Assessing and controlling potential negative environmental impacts.
- Reviewing Quality Plans to ensure that:
- All client quality requirements are incorporated and flowed down to suppliers, where applicable.
- Plan contents are comprehensive and correct to the contract documentation.
- The Quality Plan is signed off as required.
- Reviewing applicable documentation and providing assistance to the compilation of Life Time Records (LTR).
- Providing sub-contractor manufacturing support including but not limited to:
- Where applicable, carrying out inspections of project areas to ensure compliance and managing closure of any actions that arise from inspections.
- Carrying out internal and supplier audits, as required.
- Holding local management reviews for the site every six months.
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience in an EHSQ role.
- Good working knowledge of ISO management systems, in particular ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Experience in performing workplace safety inspections.
- Experience in a regulated and process driven environment, preferably engineering based.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and influencing skills.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Ideally IRCA Accredited Lead Auditor qualification
- Working towards membership of a suitable institution (e.g. CQI / IOSH)
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and package dependent on experience.