- Home based Engineering Electrical Design Engineer role.
- Join an expanding and innovative business providing sustainable energy.
About Our Client
SEaB Power Ltd (t/a SEaB Energy) is a multi-award winning, international, innovative company providing sustainable energy from waste to Future Cities and established communities.
The company is headquartered in London, UK; with a distributed (remote working) team, and activities throughout the UK, Americas, Europe, and Asia. SEaB also has a US-based subsidiary in New York City.
Our mission is to develop and commercialise anaerobic digestion technologies to turn organic waste into energy exactly at the point where the waste is produced and the energy is required, disrupting the traditional food waste management with a solution that fits Future Cities concept and complies with the strictest environmental regulations. SEaB Energy's diverse multi-lingual and multinational team combines the engineering experience, academic background and entrepreneurial mindset to make the company's flagship products - FLEXIBUSTER™ and MUCKBUSTER® - a global success.
SEaB Energy has developed FLEXIBUSTER™ and MUCKBUSTER® as compact, easy to install, turnkey Anaerobic Digestion (AD) systems, housed within shipping containers. The systems are modular, easily configured, and scalable to convert food waste and other organic waste directly at the sites of waste producers into energy, fertiliser, and water.
As part of the design team, you will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover. You will also be involved in writing maintenance programs, build documentation, operating procedures as well as project plans and ISO documentation.
- Identify customer requirements.
- Design systems and products.
- Read/write design specifications and technical drawings.
- Research suitable solutions and estimate costs and timescales.
- Design prototypes of products using electrical design software.
- Generate complete electrical design pack, including schedules, diagrams, drawings, bill of materials, engineering notes, etc.
- Working to British (BS), European (EN), North American and other standards.
- Liaise with others in the design team.
- Make proper use of Autodesk Vault version control system for storing drawings and files.
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and DSEAR efforts for new designs and changes to existing designs.
- Supporting electrical assembly and manufacturing of equipment at our partner facilities in Europe and USA (plus other locations in future).
- Communicate courteously with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders by telephone, email, letter, and face to face.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with stakeholders.
- Provide design input and feedback for R&D projects.
- Provide technical and operational support to colleagues, sales agents and clients during and after the sales process.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant proposals and tender request responses.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven Electrical Design Engineer in a similar role.
- Master's degree in electrical engineering (or similar/equivalent).
- Significant knowledge of using Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical (others a plus).
- Good knowledge of safety-critical design (within ATEX environment).
- Able to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions.
- Good project management skills.
- Able to work unsupervised, function as part of a team, and build/lead a team.
- Good Computer skills (MacOS, MS Office, ERP, G-Suite, Cloud-based tools, etc.).
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as needed (occasionally for extended periods).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Permanent right to work in the EU.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus company benefits