Electrical Design Engineer
To join an innovative renewable energy storage business.
Great opportunity to develop career further
About Our Client
Our client is a hydrogen energy solutions provider that will convert renewable energy to clean fuel that can be stored for use in transport, residential and industrial applications.
The Electrical Design Engineer will technically review and understand engineering requirements; Production of electrical panel designs, layouts, BoMs, schematics and assembly instructions; Design of field wiring, cable containment, routing, transits and production of termination schedules; Support inspection and testing of final systems; Maintaining up to date knowledge of electrical regulations, technology and best practice; Ability and willingness to work 'hands-on' to assist with fault finding; Work with other engineering disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner; and other ad hoc duties.
The Successful Applicant
The Electrical Design engineer will be a time served Engineer qualified to ONC/HNC/HND or relevant BTEC/degree; and be an EXPERT user with high end design CAD software packages (PTC CREO preferred).
You will also have the following:
- Strong working experience with industrial electrical systems.
- Experience designing CE marked electrical panels and installations in accordance with EN 61439 and IEC 60364.
- Good understanding of safety circuits and components.
- Relevant design experience incorporating motor control gear/VSDs into electrical panel design, up to 100 kW.
- Working knowledge of the design requirements of the LV and EMC directives.
- Experience with incorporating Siemens PLCs and switchgear into panel designs (beneficial).
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualified.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary + benefits + holidays + pension.