Work for a Global Brand
About Our Client
This huge company leads the global packaging industry in the development and production of innovative fresh food rigid and flexible packaging solutions for the retail, catering, food manufacturing and packing sectors.
- HSHE compliance - departmental, contractor, assets and audit.
- Technical Leadership - establishing electrical protocols and specification for site
- Introduction of tools, processes and KPI's to monitor delivery of effective electrical service
- Fault diagnosis and correction in a timely manner
- Design and specification of control systems / instrumentation
- Delivering machine performance improvement projects
- Eliminating repetitive faults through design changes
- Support the development of Cell MSO's with complex fault diagnosis.
- Identifying and introducing new technology , including liaising with equipment suppliers, specifications and acceptance
- Working with others as part of project team (e.g. Development engineers)
- Working with suppliers
- Implementing technical improvement to machine performance through design changes
- Site 'expert' in instrumentation and controls
- High level fault diagnosis / repair in a timely manner
- Effective Quality management systems, drawings, specifications, procedures.
- High awareness of technology changes - evaluating and introducing new technology into the business.
- Systems knowledge management
The Successful Applicant
- This person will be educated to HNC standard electrical/electronics with minimum of 5 years experience in an FMCG environment.
- Will have 17th Edition Electrical Regulations.
- Be able to fault find on PLC systems.
Ideally be able/to have:
- PAT Testing experience.
- PC literate in Microsoft office and Auto-Cad
- Good understanding of Guard circuit design
- Sound knowledge of motors and control systems, e.g. Servo drives
- Demonstrate knowledge of temperature control system including PID control loops
- Knowledge of Electrical standards and best practices
- Experience of training and coaching people.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience of using lean manufacturing techniques e.g. Fault finding
What's on Offer
A world leader in its industry, offering security and other opportunities along the way.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 D.O.E