Electrical Project Manager
Help improve the health of the planet
Work towards a greener future
About Our Client
They were the world's first Green Electricity Company who kick-started the now global Green Electricity movement. Their mission was and remains to change the way electricity is made and used in Britain.
They have been named in Virgin Media Top 10 list of Business Disruptors and they are very proud of the fact . Even after 20 years in the business they are still recognised as an innovative company.
At the heart of this business is a team of fantastic people - energetic and passionate about what they do, who work together to make things better.
The Generation Team is responsible for the management of the design and installation of the civil engineering, electrical aspects of their renewable energy projects along with electrical installations including solar farms, wind farms, gas plants, battery storage and EV charge points. This role will involve identifying grid options for generation and electrical projects via discussion with DNO's or through the use of subcontractors. Assessing technical feasibility of generation projects with the use of preparatory software such as PV syst and PV sol, identify and negotiate with contractors to provide budget proposals, for input into financial modelling. Communicate with Ofgem, DNO's, National Grid and NICEIC to keep compliance with latest changes to regulations.
Negotiation with the DNO's & GT's on technical requirements contained in the electrical or gas grid offers and connection agreements, including Flexible grid connections, export limited schemes, private wire and demand side response. Negotiate with ICP and EPC contractors, provide RFQ's and customers requirements.
Define the technical requirements for electrical design, managing project grid connections from the early feasibility through to the contract and construction phase. You will have knowledge of generation and ancillary equipment such as control systems, transformers, cables and switchgear and have experience with electrical design of renewable energy projects including, solar PV, battery storage, EV charge point connections. You will also support the O&M team with response to technical enquiries.
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Electrical Project Manager
- Candidates should hold a higher education qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experienced in the regimes for wind power and transmission in the United Kingdom including the electrical design of wind, solar farms and battery storage.
- AD and biogas experience
- Knowledge of wind turbines and solar PV installations and their control system, such as HV and LV transformers, cables, switchgear and SCADA.
- Knowledge of G99, G100, ENA and Transmission application process.
- Knowledge of BESS installations.
- Knowledge of grid services such as DSR and flexibility.
- Proven project management and delivery skills.
- Preparation of contract documentation.
- Budget control.
- Ability to work independently with remote management and take responsibility for project delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising safety or quality.
- Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication.
- Computing skills including PV syst and PV sol, MS office & MS project
- Construction experience, knowledge of CDM and relevant Health & Safety practices.
- Full UK driving license.
What's on Offer
Offer negotiable on experience