To work with a leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management company
To be a part of a company who are at the forefront of the UK's green economy
About Our Client
A leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management company who are at the forefront of the UK's green economy using smart people and smart technology to give the world's resources new life.
- The Electrical Technician shall be responsible for carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance activities to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Facility
- Ensure maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the facility
- Work alongside other functions as necessary, assisting with supervision of contractors.
- Carry out fault investigation, diagnosis and rectification as required.
- Be pro-active and creative in problem solving and initiative.
- Conduct plant inspections and area safety inspections.
- Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System is effective and completed promptly and accurately.
- Broaden experience by covering the Electrical Engineer's duties when required.
- Ensure that all activities within the facility are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the company Safety Rules (Electrical and Mechanical) and the facilities procedures.
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements to ensure that all activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
- Work as part of a team striving for continual improvement in minimising environmental Health & Safety risk on site.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
The Successful Applicant
Understanding of Environmental and H&S issues and their impacts
Knowledge of plant breakdown issues and methods of rectification.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, both verbally and written
Ability to work without supervision and able to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
Able to work to tight time schedules.
IT literate with programs such as Outlook, CMMS, Word, Excel)
Ability to co-ordinate work activities including contractors.
Competent person HV Switchgear.
Experience of electrical maintenance/installation/engineering within either process industries, power plants or other heavy engineering environments.
Experience of working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems CMMS.
Experience in working with Safe Systems of Work (PTW).
Experience of HV SSW to 33kV and system operation.
Possess appropriate relevant trade technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ BTEC ONC HNC (or equivalents).
Must have served a formal recognised electrical trade specific apprenticeship with relevant post apprenticeship experience in an industrial environment.
Formal H&S qualifications IOSH/NEBOSH. Full, clean driving licence. C&G 6037 or equivalent. C&G 2381/2382/2391/2394/2395.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary depending on experience
Monday to Friday working
Enhanced pension scheme
free eye tests and free safety eye wear
retail discounts across stores, hotels and holidays.
24/7 employee helpline offering emotional support and advice.