Electronics Design Engineer
Electro-Optical Equipment Design
Electronics Product Design & Development
About Our Client
My client designs and develops Electro-optical equipment for various sectors throughout the world. They are based in Kent and are looking for an Electronics Design Engineer.
Responsibilities of the Electronics Design Engineer:
- Specification capture, or working to an existing specifications.
- Appropriate technology selection and evaluation.
- Capture of the Schematic design and the review process.
- PCB Layout and review.
- Writing of technical notes, reports, test specifications and explanations.
- Taking the design through design verification testing and formal qualification.
- Production support including fault finding.
- Component obsolescence management.
- To undertake as required, customer and supplier visits by car. As such a full current driving licence is required.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Qualifications:
- Electronic Engineering Degree level qualified or relevant
- CID / CID+
- Relevant knowledge in a design and development role
- Electro mechanical systems
- Control Systems
- Soldering and ability to make prototype circuits
- Matlab and Simulink.
- Spice circuit simulation.
- Altium or similar PCB design software.
- Advantageous to have a good understanding of embedded C and C++
- Advantageous to have a good understanding of application C++ and C#
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Good level of mechanical understanding would be an advantage.
- Control theory with working knowledge of servo systems and control loops.
- Knowledge of Mil-Std 461 and 810 advantageous.
- Digital signal processing and data acquisition.
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing and inspection process.
What's on Offer
AN excellent career with a base salary between £35,000 and £55,000.