True opportunity to partner the HR function in relation to employment law issues
Become part of a strong and award winning in-house legal team
About Our Client
Our client is a well respected household name who span across many sectors with their services. They are based in Hampshire and are currently going through a period of change and improvement.
- Work with HR and the business on all Employment Law activities e.g. grievance, disciplinary and dismissal processes. Giving guidance in response as well as putting in training and actions to increase capability across the organisation.
- Provide expert advice and framework in full spectrum of activities e.g. TUPE, Organisational Design, employment visa's, mobility etc.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to HR, managers, including key business leaders, and other internal lawyers regarding the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment and employee benefit issues in the UK.
- Responsible for leading on prevention and mediation ahead of any tribunal submissions or litigation.
- End to end management and responsibility for all aspects of employment tribunal claims.
- Support M&A activity from an Employment Law perspective.
- Advise on trade union related issues and the applicable law in that regard.
- Work with colleagues in Risk & Compliance and Internal Audit to ensure compliance.
- Analyse and advise on legislative changes on employment and employee benefit practices, policies, and procedures.
- Build close relationships across both HR and Legal in order to foster a partnering approach.
- Support the Chief Legal Officer in all Employment matters and to outline a strategic vision for the group ongoing.
- Provide up to date best practice and case law and apply to key strategic plans & activities.
- NICE TO HAVE - Experience of pensions law.
Lots of experience with regard to TUPE and also trade union law and issues is a must.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified lawyer in England and Wales.
You will need to specialise in employment law.
You will need to prove you have experience in managing tribunals.
Experience of working within a unionised environment.
Happy to partner with senior stakeholders.
Be based in Hampshire.
What's on Offer
Out client offers a strong salary and benefit package as well as the opportunity to work within a highly successful and motivated legal team.