Employment Tax Assistant Manager/Manager - EDI/GLA/AB
Big 4 accountancy firm
Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
The national Reward business represents the largest Reward practice in any professional services firm and has practitioners specialising in every area of how and why employers pay employees.
Working within the Incentives & Reward team, your role will be varied and challenging. You will be involved in helping listed and private companies with all aspects of designing, implementing and operating share and cash incentive arrangements in the UK and overseas, including supporting clients in meeting their tax, legal, regulatory and compliance obligations. Our client has a true advisory practice, and aims to work in partnership with their clients to deliver high quality, high impact advice.
The team supports a broad client portfolio across a range of industries, from very large global corporations through to smaller fast-growing businesses - both listed and private companies.
They are looking for a variety of people from different backgrounds including tax professionals and accountants, lawyers and those with in-house share incentive experience to join our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on commercial and practical issues related to the structure and design of employee equity and cash incentive plans.
- Supporting companies with the implementation of equity and cash incentive plans in the UK and globally.
- Advising on the tax and legal implications around the world of incentive plans, for both the employer and the employee.
- Advising on the tax implications of incentives for mobile employees/expatriates.
- Developing strategies for the tax compliant and tax efficient delivery of incentives.
- Drafting share plan and related employee communication documents (plan rules, FAQs, tax guides).
- Assistance with preparing technical updates to send to clients and contacts, in relation to the changes of tax and legal treatment of incentives.
- Attending client service meetings and speaking to clients as required to discuss the advice.
- Providing support on proposals and business development activity (e.g. preparing slides, bid responses, developing your own client relationships).
The Successful Applicant
A successful applicant will possess many of the following key skills and attributes:
- Existing experience of UK and/or Global Incentive Plan consulting.
- Team player with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload with a flexible approach, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, making complex issues clear for clients.
- Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems.
- Ability to establish rapport and build strong working relationships with people at all
- Share plans in the professional services environment or in industry (and/or related areas with an interest in share plans or management incentives);
- Understanding of relevant legislation in this field;
- Willingness to learn and deal with new ideas and technical areas;
- Commercial awareness;
- Able to produce high quality, client facing, technically accurate, well written work;
- Pro-active and able to take ownership of delivering projects to clients; and
- Ideally ACCA/CA/ATII/ATT/CTA, Solicitor or Barrister qualification
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + benefits