Energy Manager - (Energy Consultancy - Leisure Centers)
An experienced energy specialist who wants to join an innovative consultancy
This is a senior role that will suit an ambitious individual.
About Our Client
Our Client is a specialist, award winning energy saving company, who work with the leisure sector's leading operators to identify, reduce and manage their utility consumption. They help to deliver winning bids and secure contract extensions by identifying and delivering savings that provide that significant 'competitive edge'. Their project management team then implements the energy saving measures. The recent new Government Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme has increased the need for an Energy Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Senior Project Manager, as well as our specialist supply chain, your role will involve:
- Undertake energy audits of existing leisure centres, reviewing current running costs against agreed benchmarks.
- Identify and diagnose poorly performing plant, HVAC systems, electrical services, water controls, low Carbon and renewable technologies etc.
- For areas where excess energy use is identified, budget cost upgrade equipment, calculate the resultant energy saving, CO2 saving, paybacks per energy measure and overall project paybacks.
- Prepare recommendations and write energy reports for retrofit projects to support clients in new bids and / or contract negotiations.
- Identify and outline to clients and / or investors what can be achieved in terms of savings both from a short term, medium and long term.
- Support the supply chain and coordinate design solutions to reduce energy / carbon and to improve the overall health and wellbeing for buildings occupants.
- Assist, where required, the Project Manager with the commissioning and management of solutions.
- Assist with the performance testing of new buildings before they are handed over to the clients - simulate conditions to test the integrity of the building services.
- Carry out post install energy audits / post occupancy evaluations (POE).
- Analysing how a building operates and connecting and feeding this information back into the early stages of design.
- Maintaining a good network of contacts with relevant industry bodies.
- Actively promoting best practice low carbon building design to internal and external design teams and clients.
- Reviewing and assessing emerging new technologies that would assist the company in offering other innovative energy reduction measures to its clients.
The Successful Applicant
- A high-level understanding and experience of energy related plant and equipment including Heat Pumps and other low carbon and renewable technologies and sub-metering systems.
- Experience of analysis of energy use to allow identification of opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working towards Chartered status - completion within 6 months.
- Experience in the assessment of quotations, supplier auditing, understanding, questioning and developing technical specifications to continuously improve the operational and energy contribution of installed equipment.
- Knowledge of Governmental support for renewable energy systems.
- Experience of managing and developing supplier relationships to maintain competitiveness whilst also developing the key supplier relationships required.
- Experience / knowledge of remote monitoring to allow the regular monitoring of client sites to ensure the initially delivered energy savings are maintained sustainably against the contracts for such monitoring.
- Basic Health and Safety qualifications.
- IPMVP qualification
- Chartered Engineer or Energy Manager
- CSCS card holder
- IOSH qualification such as "Managing Safely" or similar or higher e.g. NEBOSH
- Experience / knowledge of utility markets and negotiation.
- Understanding of the process of locating and obtaining grants available, sources of funding to be offered clients, etc.
What's on Offer
Good Base Salary + Car Allowance + Bonus + Shares Incentive + Good Benefits Package