Engagement Leader/Senior Consultant
Work towards partnership in a rapidly growing business
Focus on culture as a change enabler
About Our Client
Coode Associates is an independent, specialist consulting and advisory company based in Richmond, that works with CEOs and senior teams to improve the performance of their clients by enacting deep-rooted cultural change.
Their purpose of 'bringing the humanity back into leadership' sits at the centre of everything they do with a view to create impactful, sustainable change. Targeting FTSE 250 companies and privately held SME's, as well as rapidly growing businesses they aim to build and maintain client relationships for the long term, often partnering with clients for many years as they transition through different cycles and M&A events.
As a result of rapid growth they are looking for an Engagement Leader/Senior Consultant to join the team and contribute to said expansion.
Coode Associates is an established consultancy with a strong client portfolio and growing network of CEO's, senior executives and NEDs. To fuel the next stage of growth, the business needs a strong Engagement Leader/Senior Consultant who will further develop into a future Partner for the business.
Currently, the role will have three main components:
- Leading client engagements: Acting as the main point of contact to client sponsors, managing consultant teams to deliver the promised impact and having oversight of the overall client engagement and associated projects.
- Operationally build the practice: Developing the IP, operational processes, structure and capability of the business.
- Commercially build the practice: Developing additional new business, both within existing client engagements (up- sell and cross-sell) as well as bringing in new clients through prospecting, networking and sales activities.
The Successful Applicant
The content and style of the work requires high levels of flexibility and collaboration. Therefore, the successful candidate must be able to work in a variety of settings and teams, demonstrate a strong EQ and also come with a pragmatic approach to delivery - even at the most operational levels.
Whilst the purpose (the 'Why') and ambition (the 'What') are clearly set, our client's strategy and approach (the 'How') will continue to evolve. As a result, we are looking for someone who will adapt to an established way of doing things whilst at the same time contribute to writing the next chapter of the organisation's story and introduce new ideas and best practices also.
Experience as a senior executive in large international organisations (preferably in a position with P&L responsibility) is important in understanding the challenges typically faced in large, complex organisations and gain credibility from the CEO's you will typically interact with.
Key skills additionally required include:
- Advisor - act as a sounding board and source of advice. Should be based on personal experience.
- Facilitator - facilitating teams and large groups through unpredictable and exploratory sessions. This requires a combination of experience, confidence, energy, quick wits and mastery of the material.
- Expert consultant - demonstrating a deep expertise and knowledge base in the area of team effectiveness and organisational culture as well as a sound grounding in the Coode approach and toolkit.
- Coach - an enquiry-based approach to getting the best out of an individual or a team without providing them the answer.
These four skills need to be available to a consultant, coupled with the observation skills and judgement to apply them where appropriate, based on the context and client need. Not essential, but nice to have would include fluency in additional European languages, a strong business background and you will have either worked or lived abroad to better relate to the international nature of our client's client-base.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to progress into a partnership position swiftly
- Agility to build your own client portfolio to reflect your interests in the market
- Work within a culture of high support, investment and high challenge - both on an intellectual and delivery level
- A pragmatic and humble, diverse team around you, that come with a broad range of business and personal experiences for you to leverage and add to
- The chance to make a tangible contribution to a growing business, giving you the opportunity to learn far more from an operational/entrepreneurial perspective than is possible with some larger organisations