Engineering Design Manager
Engineering Design Manager in Hampshire.
Join a leading injection moulding design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a leading injection moulding design and manufacturing business in Hampshire.
The Engineering Design Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- To supervise and manage all Design Engineering staff the region.
- To maintain departmental processes and procedures in line with IATF requirements.
- To ensure product compliance and customer engineering specifications and standards.
- To develop all staff capabilities via a rigorous training and development plan, maintaining the department Competency Matrix and IPMD database.
- To support the weekly NPI project meetings.
- To offer technical support to all cross-functional departments within the region.
- Product design buy off according to the SDS process.
- Report monthly programme status.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven Design Manager in a similar design and manufacturing environment.
- Minimum degree level qualification in Engineering.
- Able to provide leadership, motivation and management of staff.
- Knowledge in component design and problem solving.
- Knowledge in 3D CAD systems (Catia) and product knowledge of mouldings and castings.
- Knowledge of DFM/DFA, DFMEA, PFMEA and CAE.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 + benefits