Engineering Director - Motion Control Systems
Rapidly Growing Business
About Our Client
My client is a leading design and manufacturing business primarily servicing the defence sector. It has been growing year on year and is highly regarded for it's innovation and the speed in which it solves it's customers challenges.
As the Engineering Director, you will lead a multi-disciplined Engineering function driving innovation and ensuring that products meet the needs of the customer in terms of performance, quality and cost. You will lead the technical stategy for the business inclusive of new product development and introduction. You will provide sound and effective leadership to your team with succession planning and personal development of your valued people being at the heart of your leadership.
Further responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Lead technical strategy across the business and drive the success of the in-house development within the company.
- Lead and/or actively participate project design reviews internally and with customers to ensure project schedules are adhered to during the project lifecycle.
- To productionise any new projects to deliver products and systems, matching high manufacturing standards and design excellence, minimising risk exposure.
- Lead and manage new product development process and prepare information for phase gate reviews and approvals for internal and external customer base.
- To be proactively part of the senior management team, including reporting on the status of product development, process improvement and other projects at senior management meetings.
- To identify and propose technology improvements including relevant CAPEX.
- Help define the product strategy and identify and develop products for new markets.
- Promote the growth of internal expertise and understanding of the Chess's processes and products.
- Ensure that new product introductions, changes to existing products and process changes are conducted in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Responsible for overseeing Department technical documentation is up to date and complies with current regulations.
The Successful Applicant
As the Engineering Director, you will have a proven track record of success in a similar role. Whilst advantageous, it is not essential that you have worked in the defence sector. It is critical that you have an extensive working knowledge with respect to software motion controlled products. You will be educated to degree level or qualified by experience and will have excellent skills in electronic engineering. Further criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- Be innovative, creative and practical with the ability to lead and manage Engineers and key technical disciplines.
- Have solid expertise in the design of products and systems for use in harsh environmental conditions, ideally within the defence industry.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring teams, operating within collaborative working culture to build effective relationships across the team and business.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customer engineering teams to understand diverse requirements and deliver high quality solutions.
- Have experience of managing external technical consultants/contractors.
- Have excellent customer and stakeholder management skills in the development of new products.
- Be skilled in budget management and the control of expenditure.
What's on Offer
As well as the opportunity to join a business experience strong and sustainable growth, my client offers a generous basic salary and a highly competitive package.