Growing, reputable organisation
Site based role with good SLT
About Our Client
The business are based in the Newcastle upon Tyne area, they have a nationwide footprint with this position to be permanently based locally.
The client works with data centres in the North East and consequently all engineering experience that include data centre and HVAC work is highly desirable.
Duties are extensive and not limited to the below:
- The Engineering Manager is responsible for maintaining normal operations during all planned maintenance routines.
- Maintain compliance with the range of ISO certifications or have processes in place to secure such accreditation that business may not possess.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance in respect of Health & Safety for the data centre campus.
- Site training of the technical team.
- Creation of suitable RAMS for all planned and reactive maintenance routines.
- Management and supervision of engineering, electrical and HVAC technicians whilst managing small projects as required to support client requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operations, quality assurance, testing and maintenance throughout the data centre campus
- Witness commissioning and IST testing of new data halls/data centres prior to coming on line.
- Commercial responsibilities include assisting in preparation of budgets, bids, and contracts. Developing cost estimates. Contribute in preparation of proposals and reports for clients.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in a hands on engineering, maintenance position. This role is well suited to someone who has worked their way to management and has retained technical knowledge with attitude to apply it if necessary.
- Relevant engineering, ideally electrical, qualification including apprentice trained, HNC/D or degree.
- The Engineering Manager will likely bring 10+ as a lead engineer with additional leadership experience.
- Data centre or critical infrastructure exp will be viewed favourably.
- Quality and relevant ISO knowledge is essential.
What's on Offer
Newcastle upon Tyne based role with good access from A19 and likely commutable from areas north and south of the Tyne, Sunderland, Durham, Northumberland etc.
Little to no travel.
Job security, chance to build a team and progress.