To work for a European Organisation With more than a century of expertise
To work for international multi-service provider
About Our Client
A European Organisation successfully delivering a complete textile rental and laundry service to all types of activities. Across four business lines Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facilities. My Client works with thousands of organisations all over Europe.
- The role holder must have the ability to demonstrate Business Vision, Strategy and Values aligned to Determination, Empowerment, Teamwork, Caring, Safety, and Integrity.
- To ensure that the company operates in line with all legal requirements including Health & Safety and Data Protection requirements at all times.
- To ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Health & Safety
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Business Health and Safety Policy, national legislative requirements and the safety and wellbeing of your team.
- Ensure compliance with regulations for fire and alarm systems, PAT, pressure valves, etc, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Ensure risk assessments/COSSH/RIDDOR, etc are implemented and undertaken and accident prevention measures are initiated as required.
- Plan, monitor and ensure appropriate safety training is completed.
- Ensure PPM schedule is adhered to and highlight issues to Line Manager.
- Planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet production requirements of ongoing maintenance, machine replacement and unplanned issues.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment as per production requirements.
- Monitor and continuously improve machine availability and effectiveness
- Work with approved suppliers to obtain parts and machinery.
- Work with the Technical Manager to coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Ensure all plant property, equipment and other assets are fit for purpose in compliance and Group standards and best practices.
- Ensure retention of any relevant accreditation's for the Engineering department (e.g. ISO/EN14065), inclusive of planned preventative maintenance
- Providing training to engineers and operators on new machinery, using the machinery documentation and SSOWs.
- Lead, manage, control and develop employees (including absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with Line Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- To review all functional activities, develop, propose and if agreed implement improvements to ensure continuous improvement through increasing effectiveness, efficiency and added value.
- Lead the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. WECO usage within the site
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions to resolve all production/engineering problems eliminating unplanned downtime and continuously improving working practices.
Business Line Specific Role Requirements:
- The Engineering Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
- Healthcare (IHSS, Clinical Solutions): Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 13485, LSAS & MDD93/42/EEC.
- Healthcare (Textile solutions) working knowledge of EN14065.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of managing a team, particularly in a production/process facility.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (AX preferred)
The Successful Applicant
- Good written, verbal and organisational skills.
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint).
- The ability to quickly learn technical terminology and processes.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
- Experience lean (Six Sigma) implementation of lean manufacturing systems.
- Excellent communicator with first hand direct people management experience
- Educated to degree level within an engineering discipline and/or time served as an apprentice with experience of electrical/mechanical/steam operations.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
What's on Offer
The opportunity to work in a state of the art production facility