Leading Specialist Manufacturer
Growing Company with international links
About Our Client
This company is extremely driven and determined to build on their success. As the Engineering Manager you will tasked with building and leading this specialist site's engineering function; getting the site up and running and delivering engineering improvements.
This is an opportunity to develop your own team and create a best practice infrastructure underneath you. You will also be supporting with the delivery of an exciting project and supporting the operation as it strives for operational excellence.
As the Engineering Manager, you have the opportunity to drive change & lead the site's engineering improvement initiatives. You will be crucial in the set-up of a new facility and be responsible for driving the site efficiency forward through equipment improvement projects.
- Full accountability for the technical performance, including engineering, maintenance plan, downtime control and efficiency of the production line
- Implementation of maintenance management systems
- Leadership, development, and line management of the site Technical Team.
- To devise and review the technical strategy of the site and to include the implementation of new systems where appropriate
- Balancing the technical needs with the efficiency required on the production line to ensure that site is best in class on Quality and Technical area
- Leadership and people management of the technical team; including setting team KPIs, objectives and development plans which are reviewed frequently
- Planning and managing of the technical development of the site and production process, constantly and constructively challenge the wider business to drive highest technical standards
- Designing, communicating, and implementing technical policies and procedures
- Accurate budgeting of resource, maintenance, and equipment, identify cost savings
- Production support to minimise downtime and increase output
- Sourcing the best value parts and equipment
- Managing technical incidents including investigations
- Being part of the senior team, attend the management meeting, help and contribute to establish the company's growth and future plans
- Demonstrating a strong awareness of and commitment to ethics, ensuring compliance with all legal and company requirements, including but not limited to Health and Safety, security and environmental
The Successful Applicant
A Engineering/Maintenance Manager with experience within a fast-paced manufacturing/processing site and the following:
- New Plant set-up/large scale CapEx implementation experience
- Project management capability
- Proven experience delivering engineering improvements using formal best practice tools/techniques (e.g. Lean, CI, PPM, TPM)
- Ability to set and monitor performance standards and objectives for self and others
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet targets under pressure to meet targets
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate a team
- A co-operative and productive relationship with other departments
- Strong recruitment and people management skills
What's on Offer
Circa £55,000 - £60,000