- Exciting Opportunity
- Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client is a fast paced manufacturer within the mid to heavy engineering sector based in the Edinburgh region.
Reporting to the Managing Director, The Engineering Manager will lead a team of multi skilled engineers, focusing on reducing down time within the production area and also look to implement Preventative Maintenance Planning.
The role will be a self starter and they will be looking for someone to hit the ground running working with traditional manufacturing machining tools delivering the departments KPI's.
The Manager will focus on working with the existing team but will also look to develop staff members and implement a strong culture of change and focus on new progressive technologies.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal candidates will be a self starter, requiring low supervision and ideally time served through a mechanical or electrical apprenticeship although consideration will be given to applicants with commensurate experience
- Previous experience of managing teams and projects is essential
- Experience in modern manufacturing methods
- A mutli skilled engineer with exposure to electrical as well as mechanical is essential
- Proven experience in a progressive, high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong engineering project and change management skills
- PLC exposure would be beneficial
- Ideally 18th edition electrically qualified
- Good influencer able to fully demonstrate change management skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary dependent on experience + benefits