Engineering Project Manager
Home based Engineering Project Manager role.
Join an expanding and innovative business providing sustainable energy.
About Our Client
SEaB Power Ltd (t/a SEaB Energy) is a multi-award winning, international, innovative company providing sustainable energy from waste to Future Cities and established communities.
The company is headquartered in London, UK; with a distributed (remote working) team, and activities throughout the UK, Americas, Europe, and Asia. SEaB also has a US-based subsidiary in New York City.
Our mission is to develop and commercialise anaerobic digestion technologies to turn organic waste into energy exactly at the point where the waste is produced and the energy is required, disrupting the traditional food waste management with a solution that fits Future Cities concept and complies with the strictest environmental regulations. SEaB Energy's diverse multi-lingual and multinational team combines the engineering experience, academic background and entrepreneurial mindset to make the company's flagship products - FLEXIBUSTER™ and MUCKBUSTER® - a global success.
SEaB Energy has developed FLEXIBUSTER™ and MUCKBUSTER® as compact, easy to install, turnkey Anaerobic Digestion (AD) systems, housed within shipping containers. The systems are modular, easily configured, and scalable to convert food waste and other organic waste directly at the sites of waste producers into energy, fertiliser, and water.
The Engineering Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Create, document and maintain the processes required to ensure excellence in project delivery in R&D, product development, engineering, and equipment installations.
- Co-ordinate and direct technical and engineering projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Manage grant funded projects, such as Horizon2020, InnovateUK and others, including submitting reports via grant-providers' platforms and providing updates/meeting with grant officers.
- Prepare and present project status and financial reports to senior management team.
- Prepare project status reports and financial reports for board of directors' meetings.
- Communicate courteously with colleagues, customers and other project stakeholders by telephone, email, letter and face to face.
- Review, manage and ensure compliance with project contracts.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with stakeholders.
- Provide design input and feedback for R&D projects.
- Provide operational support to colleagues, sales agents and clients during and after the sales process.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant proposals and tender request responses.
- Comply with company and site-specific Health & Safety policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and DSEAR efforts for new designs and changes to existing designs.
- Complete paperwork and producing reports diligently.
- Adhere to all statutory regulations, and SEaB Energy policies and procedures.
- Protect, at all times, the confidentiality of information handled within the remit of the post.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive Officer.
The Successful Applicant
- Established Project Manager in a similar role managing engineering projects (mechanical, electrical, process & industrial controls, software).
- Proven project management skills with full life cycle exposure including industrial installation, commissioning, and maintenance activities.
- Sound knowledge of cross-cultural working.
- Able to work unsupervised, function as part of a team, and build/lead a team.
- Knowledge of working within a compliance driven environment.
- Good Computer skills (MacOS, MS Office, ERP, G-Suite, Cloud-based tools, etc.).
- Able to plan and prioritise work to achieve project plan targets.
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as needed (occasionally for extended periods).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Permanent right to work in the UK or EU.
- Formal project management training (e.g. bachelor's degree, PRINCE2, APM, Agile).
- Technical knowledge within the Anaerobic Digestion industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in working within renewable energy or oil and gas is highly desirable.
- Has an understanding of the challenges faced by an SME / start-up organisation.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and attractive company benefits.