- The client is a FMCG manfuacturer based in Manchester
- Deliver to site turnkey projects from concept to production.
About Our Client
The client is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products
- Use the site data (Operations and Engineering) to drive engineering led improvements in H&S, Quality, Cost, Performance and Delivery. Use of systems such as Pirana, SAP and budgetary accounts.
- Ensure all capital projects have CAPEX approval and costed demonstrable benefits
- Establish key stakeholders for each project.
- Develop project timelines with clear milestones and ensure communicated to all relevant stakeholders. Clearly identify and manage any risks to ensure no risk to business ability to maintain supply to customer.
- Ensure a change control process is completed for all projects.
- Ensuring completion of all relevant documentation such as PUWER, Risk Assessment, Operating and Maintenance instructions along with training requirements to end users and maintainers. In conjunctions with Systems and Compliance Officer ensure all appropriate RMB systems are updated with this info.
- Provide critical spares stock holding recommendations. Demonstrating consideration to equipment running requirements, lead times, critical spares and costs.
- Management of contractors and sub-contractors where required through Permit to Work systems and ensuring RAMs are specific and satisfactory for the tasks being undertaken.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and work up CAPEX to viable projects to be presented to SMT
- Understands and utilises CAPEX system to fully deliver quantifiable improvements to site.
- Keeps abreast of technology to ensure project solutions are best fit for RMB and minimise risk of out of date technology.
- Ensure effective use of RMB systems and Engineering systems for Documentation Control.
The Successful Applicant
Behavioural Competencies / Personal Characteristics:
- Great Communicator. Able to provide clear written and verbal communication to the team and simplify technical language and provide clear direction and information
- Highly Organised. Able to co-ordinate multiple teams and track conformance to plan. Able to prioritise long and short term actions/goals
- Engagement. Engage with both internal and external stakeholders
- Influencing. Able to challenge all levels of stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Negotiator. Able to technically negotiate with suppliers on solutions for projects.
- Able to work Autonomously between CAPEX projects
- Results driven to achieve deadlines
- Stress resistant
- Natural problem solver and solution provider
Technical Competencies & Qualifications:
- Minimum HNC level qualification in an Engineering Discipline.
- H&S qualification such as NEBOSH
- Recognised Project Management Qualification such as PRINCE2
- Minimum 5 years' experience in handling turnkey projects up to £2m value
- Experience of working CAPEX plans
- Experience in a similar FMCG background.
- An up to date background in manufacturing technologies with a need to keep abreast of innovation
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general PC skills
- Good knowledge of AutoCad.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and company benefits