- Be a key stake holder in running the engineer division
- Be part of positive improvement for an already successful business
About Our Client
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a market leading Engineering Manufacturing and Service provider who are looking for a Engineering Service Director to oversee their UK business but with a focus across the Midlands. This is a full end to end role and applicants must have exposure to an manufacturing, installation repair and spares.
This market leading organisation is a household name in their field and looking to continue to exciting growth curve with in the UK market
The Engineering Service Director will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the appropriate performance indicators and review mechanisms are in place to drive performance
- Liaise and build relationships with internal and external customers, also with a focus on third party suppliers
- Can manage a full end to end operation providing support on goods in, repair/manufacturer all the way through to a team of field service engineers dealing directly with the customer
- Can manage multiple business unit with separate profit and loss accounts
- Ensure all manufacturing and engineering teams manage the planning and delivery to customers with a high quality standards in time with an contractual SLA's
- Supporting and driving the reinforcement of continuous improvement methodologies and ideas amongst manufacturing personnel and the wider business
- Able to influence across the full operational supply chain dealing with high contractual expectations and development of the relationships
- Create and control the budgets and that resources are deployed to ensure parts/products are delivered against the operational plan
The Successful Applicant
The Successful applicant will be responsible for the entire UK engineering and service business, they will ideally have:
- A recognised Engineering qualification, HNC/HND (Desirable degree)
- A strong process and project skill sett
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, ability to talk to and involve personnel at all levels
- Worked in a manufacturing, Installation, repair and spares environments
- A commercial understanding is important to succeed in this position
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develops recommendations and implement changes.
- Strong leadership with proven ability to gain strong results through a team.
- Self-starter with drive and initiative to meet and exceed demanding objectives.
- Able to behave positively and proactively with challenging priorities
- Desirable if the individual has Lean Manufacturing experience/Six Sigma qualification
What's on Offer
Depending on experience £75,000 - £90,000 plus car and further leadership benefits