Well-known top brand.
Highly interesting work.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading multinational company in FMCG and entertainment industries and has been in these spaces for over 70 years. Selling products in over 100 countries, they are highly progressive and are looking for someone to join them on their journey.
Provide strategic legal and business support to the entertainment group with primary focus and responsibility for managing and negotiating Television and Home Entertainment agreements for deals in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa and AsiaPacific for a broad range of brands. This position may evolve over time as the business and legal needs change and may include Legal & Business Affairs deal support beyond traditional Television and Home Entertainment work - such as production, consumer products, location-based entertainment, new media, agency and marketing work.
The Successful Applicant
Ability to provide first-rate, proactive, strategic legal and business advice. Skilled at identifying issues early and then creatively solving them. Strong drafting, negotiation and organisational skills required as well as excellent communication skills. Maintain a professional demeanour, in writing and in person, and have the ability to work well with support staff and outside counsel. Our ideal candidate will also:
- Partner with Senior Management. Cultivate the trust and confidence of, and be an effective partner to, senior executives.
- Balanced Approach. Provide strategic legal and business advice that's appropriately risk-balanced. Manage deals with risks and the long-term in mind, but without losing sight of the imperative to advance the business and close deals - often with challenging deadlines.
- Strategic Thinker. Identify issues and relevant stakeholders early - and then creatively solve those issues and work constructively with those stakeholders.
- Leadership Ability. Excel, and inspire staff to excel, in a culture that fosters and demands accountability, speed, trust, and ethical conduct. Work effectively within a talented, high-performing team.
- Curiosity and Growth. Be intellectually curious and eager to grow and develop. Be humble; recognise a continuing need to "learn on the job"; be receptive to constructive feedback; and elevate issues that are beyond one's knowledge or comfort zone.
- Engaged Practice Management. Proactively manage expectations of clients, business partners, and staff. Also proactively manage deals, administrative functions, outside counsel and issues across offices, time zones, and sub-practice areas. Skilfully juggle constantly changing priorities and sometimes conflicting objectives. Foster a culture that values strong practice administration.
- Excellent Work Product and Work Ethic. Write and present in a concise, lucid manner - in emails, memos, presentations, and contracts.
- Great Attitude. Maintain a professional demeanour, in writing and in person, with clients, support staff, management, outside counsel, and business partners.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, benefits and flexibility along with highly interesting work.