- Excellent company with great working environment!
- Currently experiencing growth!
About Our Client
As the Environment and Sustainability Lead working with our customers, colleagues and partners you will lead the identification, development , implementation, and monitoring our environmental strategies to promote sustainable development. The role is focused on positively improving the environmental performance of our operation.
The Environmental Lead will be based in Northamptonshire with national travel required. This is a key role within the wider Health, Safety and Environmental structure.
Role and responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing environmental policies and acting as champion for environmental issues within the organisation.
- Devising environmental and sustainability strategies that deliver best practice.
- Ensuring that all environmental processes are developed and kept up to date against industry requirements.
- Managing the compliance with legislation governing the identification, packaging, and marking of dangerous goods for transport.
- Managing any operations involved in the storage and transport of dangerous goods through the facility.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies such as the environment agency.
- Working to deliver exceptional performance across key metrics and KPI measures in line with functional and organisational goals and objectives.
- Driving a continuous improvement culture to achieve optimal performance.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants should be:
- Hold an environmental or sustainability degree (or equivalent)
- Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (or equivalent)
- Proactive and have the ability to influence and promote a positive culture.
- Highly versed in UK policy, environmental legislation, regulatory frameworks, and experience in briefing senior managers on changes in legislation or policy and how these might affect their area of work.
- Have understanding of current local authority/government policy and future policy within relevant geographical regions and how these can affect the business, it's customers, suppliers, and stakeholder's.
- Able to develop business cases to support the implementation of the Sustainability programme.
- Able to undertake project planning, project management and work to budgets.
- Experienced in managing the delivery of carbon targets.
What's on Offer
- The chance to support a business on their journey to becoming carbon neutral.
- Generous basic salary + car allowance.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- 25 holidays + bank holidays.
- Travel nationally.
For more information please contact Natalie Hudson at Michael Page, Birmingham.