- Excellent opportunity to join an established business who continue to invest
- Leading environmental systems on site
About Our Client
My client based on the outskirts of Cardiff are an established global manufacturing business who have an impressive order book and continue to grow.
As the Environmental Lead you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Advise and oversee environmental compliance matters and environmental best practice on site. Support tasks relating to health and safety.
- Surveillance of the Environmental Management System and reporting on performance with the aim of maintaining continuous improvement. Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Ensure procedures and trained personnel are put in place to deal with any foreseeable emergency situation relating to the environment.
- Provide specialist advice on environmental matters to management and all levels of the plant as required, to support compliance and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement, with support of HSE Manager, environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure sustainable development.
- Liaise with the relevant Competent Authority with regards to environmental matters, IPPC permit compliance, maintaining the co-operative and open working relationship with the regulator.
The Successful Applicant
As the Environmental Lead you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ideally Degree Qualified in Environmental or Sciences
- Certificate in Environmental Management (IEMA or equivalent)
- NEBOSH preferable
- Knowledge of the EU / UK regulatory process and regulations affecting the UK operation.
- Understanding of management systems approach, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, 45001
- Demonstrable environmental management experience ideally gained in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience in the 'active' management of an IPPC Permit (preferably Part A1)
- Experience in environmental auditing (Lead Auditor qualified preferable)
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 depending on experience, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday, flexi benefits.