- Growing Manufacturing Company
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading manufacturing company based in Warrington.
The Environmental Systems manager is specifically responsible for, as well as day-to-day site business:
* Monitoring the site's environmental and energy performance, environmental protection systems and operational activities to ensure compliance with applicable environmental permits, consent and other legal obligations, as well as corporate environmental and energy/GHG improvement targets.
* Co-ordination of third party environmental testing and compiling environmental reports
* Receiving, recording and dealing with third party (external) environmentally related complaints and other communications.
* Reviewing and approving plant and process changes, which may have an impact on the environment and/or energy efficiency to ensure conformance with legislation and the Company's policies and objectives.
* Providing data and advising senior management on environmental and energy performance.
* In liaison with Departmental Managers, ensuring that site personnel are aware of, and trained in the environmental and energy related aspects of their activities.
* Driving improvements in Latchford's environmental systems, performance and communications incl. energy efficiency
* Assisting and supporting the site EHS Manager to manage and drive improvements in the company's Health and Safety systems, performance and communications.
* Deputising for the EHS Manager in his absence.
* Providing specialist guidance, technical support and direction to other Departments and acting as the site routine contact with the environmental regulatory authorities
* Management of hazardous substances (COSHH) including occupational exposure monitoring
* One of the Radiation Protection Supervisor team supporting the business to meet their legal requirements
* Acting as the Company's management representative for IMS certification purposes and having day to day responsibility for:
* Maintenance and development of the Company's Integrated Management System.
* Maintaining the Company's Quality, EHS and Energy Management Programs
* Coordinating and undertaking internal audits and management reviews to verify the effectiveness of the system.
The Successful Applicant
- As the site environmental specialist, you will be expected to contribute to the general management of the site and the achievement of its ongoing business objectives.
- You will be required to maintain and develop the site's integrated QHSE management system to ensure continuing suitability for the business, accreditation to ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO 45001, and compliance with corporate EHS policy and performance standards.
- You will need to have a strong, proven background managing the above processes and systems, with recent experience in a manufacturing environment within either an Environmental Manager or Health, Safety & Environmental Management position.
- You must have strong people management, influencing and training skills to succeed in the role.
- You will also need to be hands-on and resiliant in order to implement on site improvements.
- It would be advantageous if you had an understanding of radiation protection procedures
- There is also a skill shortage on site with regards to spill prevention and control, so knowledge in this area would also be extremely helpful.
- You must have an understanding of environmental permits.
- You must be a qualified auditor
What's on Offer
£40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits