- Are you looking for a permanent job?
- Do you have in house paralegal experience?
About Our Client
- Dealing with all aspects of the conveyancing sale process from start to finish from issuing the draft contract pack, dealing with enquiries, exchanging contracts, meeting deadlines, to completing the sale of new homes and including part-exchanges in accordance with the company's internal policy and guidance and complying with SRA regulations.
- Having a detailed working knowledge of all relevant developments allocated to you.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of current home ownership schemes eg Help to Buy, Homereach and current sales incentive schemes eg Mortgage Holiday, Deposit Top Up.
- Disposing of leasehold and freehold affordable housing to include discount market value properties.
- Being confident in dealing with plot sales as well any associated part exchanges and resales to include investigating title for both freehold and leasehold properties, making preliminary enquiries and further enquiries where necessary and preparing reports on title.
- Purchaser due diligence and consideration of Anti-Money Laundering issues including source of funds.
- Making appropriate searches at Land Registry before completion and dealing with any entries revealed.
- Making local land charges searches and additional enquiries of the local authority and such other searches as may be appropriate eg drainage and water and environmental and be confident in interpreting the results.
- Preparing and delivering notices to Landlord and/or Management Company on completion.
- Intercompany transfers of show homes, including transfer and leaseback of the property, SDLT and registration formalities of transaction.
- To be self-sufficient in generating correspondence and dealing with enquiries, attending to pre-exchange, pre-completion and post completion matters.
- Submitting to Land Registry the Master Conveyance Plans for approval.
- Achieving department set performance targets for the dispatch of the draft contract pack, exchanges and completions and assisting in the achievement of targets set by the Business Units including attendance at regular progression meetings in the regional offices (as and when required).
- Producing and supplying information/documents/reports/advice that is logical, accurate and in the correct format whilst maintaining the high standards of presentation required by the department.
- Attending to all non-routine matters and queries which arise either before during or following the sale of individual plots or the development.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure any queries or issues are dealt with promptly and in an efficient manner.
- Maintaining good file management in accordance with the copmany's paperless procedures.
- Be proactive in planning and organising your work, and in discussions with your Line Manager to eliminate any unnecessary activities/tasks.
- Liaising with and reporting to the allocated Business Unit(s) on the progression of plots, part exchanges and subsequent resale, and proactively managing transactions in order to assist the Business Units achieve targets set for exchanges and completions.
- A good team player who is approachable and respectful to fellow colleagues and be prepared to assist colleagues during busy times and holidays.
- Attend relevant training courses.
- To ensure that all matters of administration allocated to the Estate Conveyancer in connection with Plot Conveyancing and/or the Department are carried out in a professional manner and in appropriate timescales.
- To provide guidance and training to the Conveyancing Assistants, and Legal Support together with support to the other Estate Conveyancers, Assistant Divisional Legal Manager and Divisional Legal Manager.
The Successful Applicant
Develop knowledge and processes, technical skills required in own role and related functions, remain current on developments affecting the Plot Sales team and its work activities
Getting along with fellow colleagues, respect the rights of other colleagues and show a co-operative spirit
Responsiveness and courtesy in dealing with internal customers, external customers and projecting a courteous manner at all times.
Proactive planning, organising and efficiently handling of activities/tasks and eliminating unnecessary activities/tasks
Ability to prioritise own caseload in order to achieve the targets set by and for the business
Make confident and timely decisions
Work as part of a team
Previous experience in a plot sales environment OR residential conveyancing practice along with a detailed understanding of the residential property environment and having a minimum of three years relevant experience
Comprehensive knowledge of the conveyancing processes is essential
Experience in handling high volume work and the ability to remain calm and collected
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is important.
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and to analyse complex legal issues quickly and decisively
What's on Offer
Permanent role, competitive salary, good benefits and flexible hybrid working!