Good exposure at a large established property consultancy
Working with recognizable high-street banking client
About Our Client
My client helps clients achieve their property and business objectives of optimising their portfolio performance at each phase of the property life cycle. My client delivers a professional property management service and establishes clean exit strategies from clients' surplus estates. It offers not just bespoke reporting, but also intelligent data analysis.
How they deliver effective Corporate Estate Management:
- UK lease management - Accurate abstraction of leases onto our lease and financial management platform and early identification of lease events.
- Operational estate - My client deals with the day to day distractions of occupying and leasing property. Lease obligation compliance and managing landlord and sub-tenant relationship. Team members either work in office or are based client side.
- Surplus estate - Minimising liabilities and managing client spend and risk. Making payments and recharging costs to sub-tenants.
- Financial management - Payments and collection of UK rental, rates and other property outgoings. Best practice service delivery and detailed financial reporting.
- Transaction support - End to end transaction process support. Advising on lease clauses and FM support to handover upon completion of the deal.
- Strategy - Asset management of surplus properties.
- Consultancy - Service charge benchmarking, challenging and setting up.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Estates Management and supported by an Estates Manager and Estates Admin, manage all Estates Management matters for circa 300 retail branches.
- Report on all aspects of Estate Management, including attending periodic formal review meetings and presentations and engaging with third parties to ensure collaborative working.
- Assist wider account team in identifying asset and portfolio enhancement opportunities.
- Oversee rent review and dilapidations advice and negotiations, coordinating professional team as necessary, reporting to Client and ensuring appropriate governance achieved.
- Undertake periodic formal property inspections (on an ad hoc basis).
- When required, advise on Client and sub-tenant compliance with lease covenants and deal with applications for Licences in conjunction with the wider team.
- Oversee resolution of landlord disputes; pass on minor issues to FM vendor and coordinate professional team in resolution of commercially significant disputes.
- Coordinate granting of licences, easements, rights of way and indemnities.
- Ensure smooth transition of new properties into management.
- Liaise with Business Rates team to ensure all assessments are challenged and advisors notified of any portfolio changes.
- Liaise with Client work streams on acquisition and disposal of car parking spaces.
- Instruction of and liaison with Client's legal team and external lawyers as required.
- Develop and maintain landlord relationships and inform the wider team of any changes.
- Attend periodic FM meetings and proactively manage Landlord / lease related issues that may arise.
- Attend periodic Projects meetings and ensure that for any projects requiring consent, landlord's consent is obtained in advance of commencement of works.
- First level of approval for rent raising batches (AP & AR) and any ad hoc charges.
- Identify and pursue cost saving opportunities
- Provide assumptions and estimates for the purpose of budgeting exercises.
The Successful Applicant
- Good attention to detail and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a challenging workload.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Confident in liaising with colleagues, Clients and other service providers.
- Able to work on own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve client's desired outcome
- Prior commercial property management experience essential.
- Prior retail property management experience advantageous
- Able to demonstrate excellent client care.
- Of working with property management software.
- Direct client contact / reporting
- Thorough knowledge of UK commercial leases and their application.
- Understanding of UK service charges and Business Rates an advantage.
- Preferably RICS qualified, or working toward qualification.
- Ability to think and act like the client.
- Commercially minded.
- Strives for continual improvement.
What's on Offer
- The candidate will receive great exposure to a large property consultancy as well as working with a well-known client
- Competitive salary