Estates Surveyor - Local Authority
Join an Established senior team based in London
Great opportunity to work on a growing portfolio
About Our Client
The Estates team has 6 surveyors and the Estates Manager role sits within this team. The portfolio is split into two broad areas, the Investment Portfolio and the Operational Portfolio. The operational assets enable us to deliver services and activities administered by the council on behalf of our residents and the investment assets (retail, offices, industrial, residential), are strategic assets held by the council on behalf of the public for either long term investment and revenue income, regeneration/strategic economic benefit, or both.
Your role will be focused on all aspects of asset management both on our investment and operational portfolio, which includes some commercial property but also several community assets, including commons, cemeteries, open spaces, allotments and recreation grounds.
You will also have responsibility for handling cases relating to easements, rights of way, encroachments, wayleaves, granting of licenses, FIO's and dealing with day-to-day estate matters.
Your main contacts will be:
Councillors, officers, tenants, contractors, public and private sector bodies, charitable organisations, statutory authorities, utilities companies and members of the public.
Duties and responsibilities
- In consultation with the Head of Service and Estates and Property Portfolio Manager, identify opportunities for investment, value for money and service improvements including undertaking annual valuations.
- To manage and monitor the managing agents of the commercial portfolio in line with team's budget and recommend action where spending or income is not in line.
- To assist and support the Property Portfolio Manager in providing a wide range of estate management and valuation services in respect of the council's estate.
- To negotiate property disposals including preparing comprehensive Heads of Terms and instructing solicitors.
- To assist with property acquisitions including analysis, valuation and due diligence processes
- To assist with preparing development appraisals as well as analysing and negotiating those prepared by external third parties.
- To manage and undertake lease renewals, rent reviews, new lettings, assignments and surrenders and assist with other estate management services as required including rent roll and service charges.
The Successful Applicant
- You will need to tell us throughout your application form and at interview how you can contribute to providing good quality services for all.
- For each of the requirements listed overleaf, you will need to explain how your skills, abilities, knowledge, education and experience make you suitable for this post.
- These may have been gained through previous employment, voluntary/community work, spare time activities, home responsibilities, training or languages spoken.
- You should also include anything else relevant to the job which you think we should know about.
What's on Offer
- Excellent/ Competitive Daily rates
- A talent development programme that includes regular one-to-ones, mid-year reviews, end of year performance reviews and a strong and varied learning and development programme