Estimator required for growing Construction company in the South West.
Social housing sector experience essential.
About Our Client
A leading contractor in the social housing sector with a growing pipeline of work, across multiple workstreams.
The Estimator will be responsible for the following:
- Contributes to the development and implementation of 'capture plan' for each bid.
- Develops cost-plan for delivery of service from outline project details and through knowledge of the building products, service delivery specifications and operational solution prepares the financial submission of the bid by analytical estimate of the cost of the service that the business is undertaking to provide reflecting the programme, services lines and methodology associated with the delivery of service.
- Participates in handover of successful bid to delivery team to ensure they understand the technical, financial and key programme/performance and contract issues but also the key business drivers and expectations of the client.
- Proactively seeks feedback from current projects and ensures that bids reflect company competencies.
- Accesses all available expertise within the divisional groups in preparation of cost-plans and bids.
- Participates in the preparation of the tender risk register, ensures that cost-plans and bids incorporate the arrangements for managing risk and evaluates the Tender Risk Allowance Schedule for residual risk.
- Ensures that cost-plan/bid is prepared in accordance with mandatory and advisory procedures.
- Prepares all financial summaries and reports for tender settlement review.
- Provides evidence of bottom up pricing and can demonstrate bench marking evidence to support the submission.
- Works closely with operational and commercial teams to extract risks and opportunities for current delivery models to build in to winning submissions.
- Keeps abreast of technological advances within the Facilities marketplace and the possible impact on service delivery and labour outputs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess at least 5 years experience in an Estimator role for a social housing contractor, focused on refurbishment and planned works.
What's on Offer
Excellent package and benefits.