Rare Opportunity at Leading Housebuilder
Phenominal growth planned for 2020 onwards
About Our Client
My client, a leading house builder based in the West Midlands to support their continued growth through out 2020 and onwards.
Estimator Key Responsibilites;
Prepares construction Land budgets for Land Manager to evaluate site.
Assists Land Manager / Sales Team to determine best house mix for site.
Evaluate risks and cost of construction abnormals in formulating budget.
Discusses and reviews specification in association with Land Manager and Sales Team prior to Land bid.
Liaises with Architects / Engineers on matters of preliminary Design and Engineering solutions.
Updates construction budgets on a regular basis.
Prepares a schedule of standard house type prices for Land feasibility purposes.
Post Land Purchase
Proposes improved economical design and engineering solutions for the team to consider, including new building methods and products.
Liaises with Development Team on best solutions for house type designs and internal layouts.
Comments on preliminary layouts prior to formal issue of DCO.
Prepares Planning Packs, ensuring the feasibility reflects all changes and financial implications.
Pre Start on Site
Prepares Budget Pack, liaises with all departments to ensure all latest material, preliminaries, subcontract, sales and development costs are included in the financial review.
Assists in the preparation of cash flows for Management Accounts and forecasting purposes.
Provides a cost advisory and investigation service to the Managing Estimator.
The Successful Applicant
Key responsibilities of the Estimator are as follows;
- Extensive experience in the Estimating field with strong Property and Housing background (Housebuilding ideally)
- Good product knowledge of New Homes Development
- The ability to manage confidential and sometimes sensitive information
- Strong ability to work under pressure
- Experience of managing, training and coaching staff
- Strong communication skills
- Be commercially aware with analytical and proactive approach towards problem solving
- Ability to impact and influence others
- Ability to understand drawings and specifications
- CSCS card
- Minimum qualification HNC, Degree educated preferable
- RICS/CIOB or other relevant body Membership
- Live within a commutable distance of Staffordshire.
What's on Offer
On offer for the succesful candidate is;
- Competitive salary - £55,000 - £65,000
- Company car/car allowance
- Flexible Working
- Various Other Company Benefits