European Finance Director
High growth market leader
About Our Client
Our client is listed on NYSE and recognised as an international market leader in their sector. The business has attained considerable success through organic growth and acquisitions coupled with the design and development of a broad portfolio of services to an enviable client base. The European business is entering an exciting phase of development with a mandate for investment and international growth. As a result there is a need to appoint a highly commercial European Finance Director to play a pivotal role in supporting the growth and development of the European operation.
Reporting to the European Managing Director the key responsibilities will include:
- Operating as a member of the European Board providing strategic and financial management and leadership across the European operation
- Acting as a key business partner to the European Managing Director and supporting the on-going development and deployment of a business strategy focused on profitable growth in the region
- Taking full responsibility for all financial management and reporting and liaising with Group finance in the US
- Managing and developing a finance team across Europe
- Partnering Sales and Marketing functions, reviewing the performance of business divisions, service proposition and geographical markets to enhance efficiencies to support growth and profitability
- Playing a key role in identifying potential acquisitions and contributing to the transaction and subsequent integration
- Managing business critical projects that will result in a positive impact on the European operation
The Successful Applicant
Prospective candidates will be qualified accountants with a demonstrable track record of success operating in commercial European Finance Director roles in high growth businesses. A strong understanding of US GAAP and experience of operating in a SOX environment will be a prerequisite. Experience of managing acquisitions would be highly desirable. As well as excellent technical accounting skills you will have an exceptional commercial awareness coupled with outstanding interpersonal skills that will enable you to make a commercial impact in this profitable, high growth international business.
The role will require frequent international travel.
What's on Offer
To £150,000, car bonus and benefits