European Financial Controller
Oversee entities in European countries
Drive change to processes and systems
About Our Client
Our exclusive client is a market leading business with global operations. They are planing to continue growth both organically and by acquisition and are seeking a new Financial Controller to grow as they grow.
The European Financial Controller will be responsible for establishing efficient and effective processes throughout the European Entities. This will include the alignment of processes and systems with the group platforms.
In conjunction with the Financial Planning and Analysis team, you will contribute to the European financial planning, budgeting and forecasting activities, including Opex, Capex and cash flow management.
You will also be responsible for:
* Month end close and balance sheet account management
* Group financial reporting and local accounts preparation
* Provide accounting and tax advice, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
* Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, Opex and Capex management, including forecasts
* Direct and indirect tax compliance
* Manage third party accounting and tax compliance providers
* Manage external auditors, jointly plan and execute audit programs, including the design, implementation and adherence to SOX controls
* Control fixed assets and inventory, ensuring independent verification.
The Successful Applicant
The European Financial Controller will be a fully qualified accountant - likely to be ACA or ACCA with a strong technical accounting background (Likely a Top 20 firm, but strong industry experience will be considered)
You will have good experience of transformation / change and the development of processes, systems and procedures.
As the role includes oversight of a number of European entities, it is likely that you will have experience of managing remote / international staff, and if you speak Spanish, French or Portuguese fluently then this will also be a significant advantage to your application.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and a strong benefits package including good bonus potential.