European Tax Manager
A newly created European Tax Manager for this global Tech business
Reporting to the Head of Tax you will have ownership of European Taxes
About Our Client
Our client is a listed Media and Technology business with significant operations through the US, EMEA and Asia.
Following continued growth in EMEA, this is a newly created position leading the European Tax function whilst also being an important member of the global Tax team. With support from that team, advisors and local country finance teams you will have ownership for all Taxes in EMEA namely, Corporate Tax, VAT, TP and Employment Taxes. More specific responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the tax compliance processes (outsourced to advisors) across EMEA, including income and indirect tax
- Acting as a key point of contact for the business to respond to new business initiatives from Tax perspective
- Serves as an active and valued business partner regarding all tax matters
- Prepare and review, quarterly and annual foreign tax provision
- Review of tax numbers and disclosures for statutory accounts
- Prepare and/or Review monthly, quarterly and annual income and non-income tax, estimated payments for our EMEA operations;
- Review Country By Country Reporting (CBCR) output in liaison with US Tax team and support the team to ensure facilitate local country EMEA CBCR notifications
- Research local tax issues related to operations in foreign countries and prepare supporting tax memos
- Be involved and monitor all EMEA wide intercompany arrangements and transfer pricing
- Monitor tax legislation updates across EMEA, highlighting issues to local teams and senior manager as appropriate.
- Support the EMEA and US tax teams and the wider Finance and Management teams on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects
- Engaging and working across several teams, at all levels, both within the UK and the US
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally have trained with a reputable firm acquiring an ACA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualification. This role will suit a broad range of Tax professionals either looking for their first move from the profession or having moved in house already but are looking for a fresh challenge. Our client is open minded to the type of Tax experience candidates may have but you are likely to be a Corporate Tax trained professional who has broadened out to a mixed taxes position or is looking to that step in the next stage of their career.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive base salary and package.