- European Trade Compliance Manager for a forward thinking business
- A really exciting role to create and deliver operations process improvements
About Our Client
The Client is a Highly regarded Manufacturing business based in Worcester they are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector.
- This is an exciting role with a European remit in a forward thinking and ambitious company. As the European Trade Compliance Manager you will be responsible for designing and implementing the European trade compliance capability for the business covering organisation development, policy, process, metrics and all relationships, both internal and external.To design and implement a Best Practice global trade compliance capability across the business
- Provide Customs, import and export control expertise to the business
- Support business teams to provide added value propositions using trade compliance knowledge to identify gaps in business operation for which International Trade Compliance can offer solutions
- Provide operational trade compliance support for set up periods with business operations at their locations
- Lead the development and evolution of the business trade compliance infrastructure
- Continually develop the business policy, training, standards and operational procedures regarding international trade compliance
- Represent at appropriate Industry events representing the business International Trade Compliance position.
- Undertake, where required, internal auditing of the business international trade compliance performance as it relates to business requirements.
- Design and deliver a reporting regime for the Senior Leadership informing of key activities, risks and relevant metrics
- Design and implement a risk assessment strategy across all import or export trade compliance components associated to cross-border business activities.
- To perform investigations into significant supply chain incidents related to import or export trade compliance and ensure root cause is identified and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- To identify learnings and training needs from risk assessment, monitoring outcomes, audit findings and incident root causing, develop educational materials and events, and deliver training and communication events.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and Qualifications for the European Trade Compliance Manager will require;· Knowledge of export control rules and contract law
· Commercial and contractual awareness in the UK, and ideally across Europe
· Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and present results and advice to a range of stakeholders
· Excellent IT skills
· Previous experience within the capital goods industry would be advantageous
· Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable, but not essential for applicants with relevant experienceThe successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships across the business and with external contacts. An effective communicator and problem solver, you will demonstrate a high level of professionalism you will be able to deliver coherent high quality reports and feedback.
The successful candidate will be commutable to Worcester but available to European Travel when required.
What's on Offer
A highly Competitive Salary will be available for the successful European Trade Compliance Manager
Please call to discuss further
25 Days + Bank Holiday