Executive Director of Regulation
Executive Director of Regulation with a regulator in London
regulation, strategy, fitness to practise
About Our Client
I am recruiting Executive Director of Regulation with a regulator in London. You will:
- Lead on regulatory reform, influencing policy development and ensuring that regulatory processes are compliant with new legislative provisions
- Provide oversight and advice on the exercise of powers and processes in respect of key regulatory decisions.
- Direct and lead the heads of functions within the Regulation Directorate to ensure on-going effectiveness and continuous improvement of the organisations regulatory functions, systems and processes
- Lead development and implementation of the organisation's Fitness to Practise, Education and Registration work plans, working in collaboration with the Chief Executive, the Senior Management Team, relevant senior employees, and the Council and relevant Committees.
- Monitor and take accountability for overall organisational performance across all functions as an Executive member of the Senior Management Team.
- Work in collaboration with the CEO and Council in setting the strategic direction for the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Educated to post graduate degree level or equivalent skills and experience
- Experience in a regulatory role at a senior leadership level
- Demonstrated experience of implementing change and improvements within legislative frameworks
- Excellent written English skills with the ability to research and write policy documents and reports of a high standard
- Demonstrated ability to manage and build effective relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, including with senior management, Council members and Government officials.
- Experience in balancing cost control with operational delivery performance and service quality.
What's on Offer
Circa £100,000 PA plus excellent benefits